Workshop Technician Apprentice Location:
Thorne, Doncaster Customer:
£7.05 per hour Contract Type:
36 Month Apprenticeship - guaranteed Full time role if Apprenticeship qualification is passed and employment terms and conditions are met during the period of Apprenticeship. Closing Date for Applications:
2nd January 2018
About our Business
DHL are working alongside a major manufacturer ensuring we achieve the required repair standards we carry out all aspects of Motor vehicle refurbishment ranging from straight forward Smart repair/Bodywork/Mechanical repairs to heavily damaged accident repairs and in depth technical repairs. We employ highly skilled/ trained Technicians with a wealth of knowledge which in turn allows us to carry out specialist repairs including Carbon fibre body repairs. As a team we progress vehicles from arrival to despatch through every aspect of the process.
The Role & Our Ideal Candidate
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our LLP Business unit for a Workshop Technician Apprentice at our BMW Operation based in, based in Thorne. As a business we are always looking at new ways of attracting Talent to join the DHL Team. We are seeking a motivated and passionate Apprentice to join the team on site and begin a journey of learning new skills, gaining knowledge and new behaviours.
- Rectify vehicle faults as indicated on each job card in accordance with manufactures guidelines, by using the correct and logical diagnostic procedures where to locate faulty components.
- Ensure all displacement parts renewed under warranty follow the warranty procedure and specifications and also acknowledge receipt of such items when returning.
- Maintain and upkeep all workshop tools and equipment
- Renew defective components as per manufactures guidelines
- Document thoroughly on job card, process required to rectify any defects, record all test reading and indicate clearly defective component identified..
- Ensure Health & Safety Law, Company Policy and Safe Working Practices are adhered to by yourself
- Ensure local working environment is maintained to a clean tidy and safe area.
- To attend and comply with all required training courses
The successful candidate will have key relationships with the following Team members: -
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
- Workshop Manager
- Technicians, Paint Shop and Smart Repair Operatives.
- Show a keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry as a whole.
- Have willingness to learn.
- Can work effectively in a busy workshop environment , as part of a team and also an individual
- Have a high level of professionalism with a positive attitude to work.
- The ability to follow instructions given by Workshop senior Team members.
- Valid clean driving licence
- Willing to actively promote/participate in areas supporting DHL Core Values
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSE Grade A*-C / 9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
- ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT).
During the 24 month apprenticeship you will work to achieve Level 3 Automotive retail > Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) Apprenticeship qualification, this will include the following:
- IMI Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- IMI Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigeration Handling
- IMI Level 2 Award in Electric / Hybrid Vehicle
- IMI Accreditation Service Maintenance Technician
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, training, development, secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
Come and join the team, take the opportunity to earn while you learn and open the door to an exciting new career within DHL Supply Chain.
What youll need to do next
If you have a proven track record of achievement with the desire to succeed, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application. Please include a cover letter stating why you have applied for this role. - Applications received without a cover letter will automatically be rejected
Facts and Figures
V7, SUPPLY CHAIN
DHL Supply Chain UK
Warehousing, Package Handling & Distribution
Team Leaders & Managers
No Business Travel
Target Hire Date
Work Permit Required