Job Description The role:
We thrive on solving problems by combining logic and creativity. Our professionals are able to invent, explore and question in order to tackle the big issues facing the transport industry today. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on unique, leading-edge projects which influence the way networks are operated, managed and maintained.
IBI Group is searching for a consultant to join our growing team. Supporting clients such as Highways England and Transport for West Midlands you would be engaged on projects relating to transport operations, systems and technology, intelligent mobility and smart and future cities. Typical projects range from research, studies, strategies, design and network operation through to the development, implementation and operation of our systems and solutions.
We are looking for someone who is able to both define and analyse a problem, is self-motivated and well organised, who takes pride in the quality of their work and is capable of working in a project environment. Knowledge of transport, and the highway sector in particular, is an advantage. So too is an ability to manipulate data and explain technical concepts and opinions through written reports and documentation.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that will enable you to shape new approaches to transport in the UK and beyond ? Are you looking for a career where progression is based on performance and ability, and which rewards entrepreneurial thinking and flair ? Responsibilities may include some or all of:
- Working with project teams providing consultancy, liaison and support, sometimes with the client
- Performing data analysis and research
- Contributing to writing position papers and reports
- Conducting business and systems requirements analysis
- Supporting project managers with task management and project coordination Qualifications
- A good first or upper second degree in an engineering or numerate, technical or spatial discipline, or equivalent experience in a relevant area
- Good written and verbal communication skills. The ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences is a must
- Ability to use standard Microsoft Office tools with confidence
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Relevant industry experience in transport operations, technology or planning will be an advantage
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.