L2 Childcare ApprenticeshipCompany:
CHILDBASE PARTNERSHIP LIMITED Location:
You will be working towards completing a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce. Providing professional high quality child care is the responsibility of a Nursery practitioner. You will need to take care of, play with or teach children while they are at the Nursery. You will need to be highly trustworthy and attentive to childrens needs.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Adhering to the policies and procedures of the Nursery
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the Nursery
- Work as part of a team to ensure correct safeguarding procedures are followed
- Work as part of a team
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and development needs
- The planning and preparation of activities to meet childrens individual needs.
- Participating in activities and events
- Liaising with parents
- Keeping records and updating observation files
- Attending staff meetings
- Helping and supervising meals and mealtime
- You will be a good communicator, with the ability to work well on your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Have a patient and caring nature with a fun side too
- Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their child care skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting.
- This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development.
- The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual.
GCSE Grades A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent) Future prospects
During the Intermediate Apprenticeship in childcare you will have access to excellent training/development opportunities within the role. With the opportunity to progress on the advanced apprenticeship in childcare. This employer is looking to develop an apprentice, with a view of offering a permanent position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme. On completion of the intermediate Apprenticeship, candidate who wish to progress onto a Level 3 Apprenticeship in the childcare sector must have achieved grades A*-C in GCSE English and Maths as these are the entry requirements as of 1st August 2015. Things to consider
Salary is National Minimum Apprenticeship Wage - £3.40 per hour Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour from 1st October 2016. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Other recent jobs in Birmingham