Applications Support AnalystCompany:
VIQU Ltd Location:
required by a Global Organisation based in Birmingham City centre.
As an Applications Support Analyst you will be responsible for administering and supporting business critical applications, based on a TSQL/ SQL 2008/2012 Databases. This will include managing day to day administration and housekeeping tasks, as well as providing 2nd line application support. Experience in the following:
Administering and supporting:
- 2nd line application support (SQL) for a range of complex business systems
- SQL query writing skills, with the ability to write moderately complex queries to retrieve or update data
- Experience of working in a small team, with both support and project demands
- The ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressured environment
- The ability to write and run PowerShell scripts for system administration
- Experience with Windows Server, SQL Server and IIS
- Resolving 2nd line technical support queries professionally and efficiently
- Performing routine preventative maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the supported applications
- Continuously improving the administration and support of the applications in order to improve availability, performance and the level of service to customers
- Providing technical assistance on projects involving either enhancements to the existing application or the implementation of new applications
- Developing and maintaining test plans for the supported application and carrying out testing as required
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors on support issues as required
This a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team, and working for a successful company.
Along with a good salary, the role will include an excellent package, including a fantastic training scheme.
Immediate interviews available, so please get in contact now.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please contact Mike McEvoy by phone on ************* or send your complete CV to **********************
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU are offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has started work with our client! (Terms apply)
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow VIQU IT Recruitment on LinkedIn; ***************************** and Twitter; @VIQU_UK
Other recent jobs in Birmingham