Mecx Group Limited Location:
The Highways division is one of the key growing business units that make up the Mecx Group Infrastructure entity, delivering projects for both local and national clients. With this comes an excellent opening for a Project manager within the Highways division. You will be working as part of an established nationwide team in helping Mecx become an infrastructure delivery partner of choice.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibility for the safe day to day management of a Project
- Responsible for the commercial management of a Project
- Effective management throughout the lifecycle of the projects
- Detailed project management planning
- Risk management
Health & Safety
- Responsible for the safe execution of all works on site
- Responsible for developing the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and inputting into the Health and Safety File, Maintenance and Repair Strategy Statement and the Asbestos Management Plan Products
- Preparation of Health, Safety and Environmental plans and other key documentation fully for entering the mobilisation and construction phase of the project and ensuring Health & Safety relating to design, e.g. hazard logs are sufficient for construction requirements.
- Planning for Commissioning and Handover
Design management and input where applicable
- Responsible for ensuring detailed input to the design process including health and safety issues, buildability reviews, technology development and coordination, traffic management constraints and requirements, schedule constraints, auxiliary (third party) works and commissioning and handover requirements
- Supporting the Design Partner in the production and approval of Approvals in Principle and Departures from Standard developed by the designer. Coordinating with the Delivery Hub to ensure sharing of knowledge, lessons learnt and best practice.
Qualifications and Skills
Experience and Qualifications:
- HNC/ relevant qualification or degree educated in Civil Engineering
- Previous, relevant experience as a Project Manager
- Takes responsibility for own priorities and encourages others to do the same by setting an example for desired performance
- Sets clear goals and holds self and others accountable to delivering excellent performance
- Challenges systems, processes and behaviours which conflict with our values and deals promptly and effectively with business and team issues
- Ability to develop others to improve performance and progress their careers
We are a fast-growing company that are looking to hire the right personnel to an established division within Mecx. This will offer the candidate a brilliant opportunity to excel and grow within the working environment. The pay will be competitive with further opportunities within Mecx to establish yourself fully as part of the expanding team.
Job Type: Contract
- Project Management: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
Other recent jobs in Birmingham