Birmingham City University Location:
An exciting position within the IT Development Team of one of the region´s largest and most ambitious Universities.
The mixed discipline team of .NET developers, testers, designers and BI developers provide software solutions for students and staff of the institution in the areas of web, mobile, integration and data. Highly dynamic, the team use Scrum with Agile Testing with cutting edge and cloud-based tooling to bring quality and value to a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
We are seeking an experienced Software Tester, skilled in manual and automation techniques to provide functional and non-functional testing of software products and increments. Reporting to the Senior Software Tester, you will integrate with your own Scrum team with other Developers in a highly collaborative build-test-ship partnership.
£30K to £38K Essential skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of test methodologies and techniques
- Good experience with Agile development methodologies and testing in agile development
- Pro-active in requirements gathering and analysing need for test in given scope of project
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills and an ability to understand complex applications with a keen eye for detail.
- Preparing and maintaining test cases and test plans derived from user stories and acceptance criteria
- Liaising with product owner/project managers, teams and team leaders
- Able to work closely with developers as part of small Scrum teams in an agile dev-test environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of formal software testing methodologies and types.
- Experience of a test management tool (e.g. Microsoft Test Manager) and Visual Studio Team Services or equivalent
- Experience in exploratory testing and assisting/coordinating UAT testing
- Experience in basic SQL queries and backend testing.
- Experience in mobile app testing
- Ready to learn test automation while on job and preparing test scripts for automated regression suit
- Preparing test scripts for automated regression suite.
- Conducting continuous testing and upgrades throughout sprints
- ISTQB foundation level certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and communicate at senior levels.
- Experience in test automation tools and framework such as coded UI, selenium, Xamarin (mobile UI test automation)
- Experience in integration/API level testing
For further information please contact Rich Caine , via email@example.com or phone 0121 331 6772 .
For more information about applying and for the job description for the post, please see the current vacancies on the BCU website: http://jobs.bcu.ac.uk/ .
Please note; on occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. If this does happen, we will contact all candidates via email who have started but not yet completed their application, giving 48 hours notice. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
Alternatively if you require the application in a different format please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0121 331 6693.
Birmingham City University holds an Athena Swan Bronze Award and promotes the advancement of gender equality through Representation, Progression and Success for All. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Other recent jobs in Birmingham