If youre passionate about Mechanics then you could make a difference to a lot of peoples lives.
Were looking for a Maintenance Technician to come join us on a permanent Basis. The primary objective of the Service Delivery team is to operate and maintain the assets at Minworth STW. The role will consist of carrying out direct planned and breakdown maintenance on a wide range of assets. You must have sound diagnostic and problem solving skills. Basic fabrication skills are also required along with good general knowledge of workshop practice.
The successful candidate will work on a large production site. You will be provided with a vehicle, laptop and safety clothing appropriate to the job. This position offers an opportunity to be part of a forward thinking maintenance team working on a variety of equipment under differing conditions.
As a Maintenance Technician - Mechanical, your key skills and competencies will include:
Severn Trent Water benefits include:
- Minimise the number of non-operational assets at our sewage treatment works
- Participate in a standby rota to respond to out of hours maintenance requests
- Comply with Statutory and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of yourself, colleagues, visitors and members of the public.
- Assist in training others.
- Diagnose, repair and produce a report on faulty equipment
- Salary up to £31,000/annum
- Fantastic Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
- Full range of Flexible benefits such as:
o SMART water save money on your bills
o Private medical insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Childcare voucher scheme Qualifications:
- A formal apprenticeship in Mechanical Maintenance with a minimum qualification of NVQ3 (or equivalent) in either discipline, experience in role would be an advantage.
- A full driving license.
- It would be desirable to have additional Mechanical Maintenance qualifications.
- It would be beneficial to have 17th Edition Regulations C&G 2382
- Experience in general Mechanical with desirable Electrical maintenance skills.
- Experience in using a variety of IT systems
- Experience within the sewerage industry would be an advantage.
This role is based at our Minworth site in Birmingham.
Who are we?
Were a FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1million people across the Midlands and into north and mid-Wales. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do and were proud to be building a lasting water legacy.
Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. And well achieve that by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving operational excellence and continuous innovation, investing responsibly for sustainable growth, changing the market for the better and creating an awesome place to work.
We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.