WE DO NOT HOLD A SPONSORSHIP LICENSE FOR RIGHT TO WORK
The Junior QA will collaboratively help the team on our journey of specifying and building the right user web applications to achieve our business objectives.
This role will work closely with Product Managers, UX designers, senior QA and developers to understand the user requirements, build suitable acceptance criteria and execute, to ensure the utmost quality of our platforms.
Reporting to the Head of Platform Development, this role will grow our team for building a fast flowing pipeline of high quality releases.
£20,000 - £25,000 PA depending on experience.
- Assess user requirements and build suitable acceptance criteria.
- Execute tests to ensure that output to production is of a high quality through a mix of positive and negative testing.
- Review performance and usability as well as functional testing to ensure the user will be getting the most from our platforms.
- Triaging and logging bugs and retesting once completed.
- Preparing Test Plans and Scripts
- Raising defects / bugs
- Maintain test logs and bug priorities
- Reviewing Test Plans and Regression Scripts
- Running multi-browser and multi-device testing
- Fantastic attention to detail: Able to see inconsistencies and issues at the smallest level of detail and to appreciate the value of a high quality product.
- Investigation: Step outside the bounds of a specific requirement to see potential edge cases and the chaotic process a user may follow.
- Commercial judgment: Able to understand the commercial drivers that impact on our customers and can discuss solutions in terms of business benefit and ROI.
- Customer focus: Seeks to understand customer needs, and puts this at the heart of decision making. Is able to get inside the mind of the customer, and can be interested in the same things as our customers.
- Innovation and change: Introduce fresh insight and ideas, continually seeking improvement.
- Articulate and clear: Can put ideas across simply and clearly, and organize a complex reality into a simple and logical structure.
- Co-operation and influence: Sees impacts of change across the organization, gets buy in from stakeholders, positive and creative engagement. Understands and empathizes with other parts of the organization.
1+ years experience of testing web applications
Experience of Agile software development
Good commercial judgement
Project management and process improvement skills
Ability to collaborate with cross-functional and cross-departmental teams
Commitment to driving results
Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate information clearly
Communicate product readiness, level of quality and test results in development meetings
Understand the Testing Lifecycle
Experience of testing high volume public websites ( >100k visitors per month)
Experience of testing for WCAG or similar
Experience of automated testing
Awareness of a broad range of technologies used in creating software
Bachelors degree in any subject
Unrelenting interest in problem solving
Ability to build effective working partnerships
Acting as a change agent with a clear vision and goal
Championing all aspects of the Platforms function and commercial performance
Ability to deliver at the detail level as well as the big picture
Good Communicator Benefits: Birmingham is a great base:
a vibrant, modern city, with a rich history and a prosperous future.Our Birmingham office benefits from a great central location, with excellent transport links that reach far and wide, giving you great choice in places to visit and places to live.We work in an open plan environment, and have a fun, friendly and sociable culture full of a team of motivated people. Our company strives to be creative and is always looking for innovative ways of growing.
- 25 days basic annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution
- Casual Dress code
- Flexible Working Hours
- Childcare Vouchers scheme
- Bikes 4 work scheme
- Friday Beer Fridge
- Social Events