Partnerships Development CoordinatorCompany:
Penny Appeal Location:
PARTNERSHIPS DEVELOPMENT CO-ORDINATOR
Penny Appeal is an award winning, international humanitarian charity delivering aid in over 30 countries including the UK. We pride ourselves in the work that we do and the aid we are able to deliver, from sustainable programmes internationally and locally as well as emergency aid responses. We also take pride in the people that support us externally and the ones that make things happen internally.
We are the fastest growing charity in our sector with a fast-paced working environment. When a crisis hits internationally we respond immediately. Outside emergencies, we have a packed marketing calendar full of creative campaigns, award-winning events, and unique projects all aimed at helping the most vulnerable. We can see an immediate impact from our hard work and it can be so rewarding to see the positive feedback from the people we have helped.
To develop relationships with businesses and organisations to create and maintain long term alliances. Working closely with the Regional Fundraising Manager you will develop plans/strategies that will contribute to the growth of PA and research, collate and develop a package of CSR initiatives to be offered to businesses.
- To develop and maintain long term alliances with a variety of businesses and organisations.
- To work closely with the regional fundraising manager developing business fundraising plans/strategies.
- To develop a business fundraising portfolio for Penny Appeal, and/or any other fundraising resources.
- Research, collate and develop a package of CSR initiatives to be offered to businesses
- Act at as the key link and co-ordinator of key relationships and long term partnerships.
- Exhibit at and attend networking events to build the profile of Penny Appeal, and establish new relationships.
- Work closely with the partnerships team to attain proposals as required to attract and retain relationships, alliances and partnerships.
- Ensure all pledges and gifts to Penny Appeal are processed, fulfilled and recorded accurately and on a timely basis.
- Pro-actively liaising with Donors to process/fulfill pledges, donations, etc.
- Work directly with all departments to ensure that partnership development policies and procedures are developed and adhered to.
- Develop reports on the status of all relationships, alliances and long term partnerships.
- To support the Partnerships Manager in program evaluations, financial status of donations, pledges, etc.
- To support seasonal fundraising and marketing campaigns by assisting staff in other departments as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity
- To represent the charity at events in a professional and presentable manner, and do the utmost to promote the charity.
- To attend, promote, and raise funds for the charity at any events organised by businesses or other organisations.
- To support the fundraising & events team with links to potential venue sponsors and other key links for events.
- To securely log all donations and pledges accurately and ensure that clear records of such donations and pledges are maintained.
- A minimum of three years consistent volunteer/fundraising experience
- Developed project management skills
- Demonstrable experience of creating alliances with businesses, organisations, etc.
- Highly developed interpersonal (written and oral) communication skills
- Excellent networking, negotiating and influencing skills
- Commitment to community and social development values
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good knowledge of contemporary fundraising techniques
- Ability to work under pressure and work on own initiative
- Ability to speak confidently in public
- Ability to gain trust and confidence of stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft applications
- Ability to use social media for the purposes of engaging stakeholders
- Willingness to travel and to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends when required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Other recent jobs in Birmingham