Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited Location:
We are looking for a confidential, standalone, rounded Management Accountant who is able to perform PA duties, to allow the MD to focus on strategy and key decisions, to join this his well-established SME business on a full time permanent basis.
Purpose of the role of the Management Accountant/PA
- To carry out the accountancy and finance functions for the business
- To ensure the company´s accounting system is up to date and will provide accurate financial reporting to the business
- To provide confidential PA and administrative support to the Managing Director in his day-to-day responsibilities
Management Accountant Duties and responsibilities - 3 days per week
- Managing the receipt of payments from customers, including credit control
- Posting Purchase invoices and raising payments to suppliers for authorisation, including foreign payments
- Reconciling the company´s bank accounts on a weekly basis
- Managing the company´s asset register
- Creating all journals, accruals, and adjustments, etc. and producing monthly management accounts to the management team in accordance with the agreed time frame
- Working with the external accountants to prepare statutory accounts
- Managing and reporting on spending against the overhead budgets to ensure the company meets its financial targets.
- Preparing and running the company´s payroll
- Preparing the PAYE/NI submission, and the monthly VAT, Intrastat, and EC sales listing
- Managing the company´s cash flow and advising the Managing Director
- Supporting other staff in accounting queries
- Dealing with all accounts/bookkeeping
- Providing timely and accurate management information, reporting and analysis to the management team
PA to the Managing Director - 2 days per week
Providing confidential PA and administrative support to the Managing Director in all aspects of his work, including Finance, HR, Sales and Marketing and Operations.
- AAT, ACCA, CIMA part qualified or qualified by experience
- Experience in management accounts preparation, reporting and reconciliations in a SME commercial environment.
- Payroll management
- Working knowledge of SAP Business One would be an advantage
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Management reporting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen
- Influence and help make strategic commercial decisions
- Able to work alone, being self-sufficient and self-motivated
What´s in it for you?
You´ll be working with a professional, academic team within a bright and airy modern office with plenty of parking available, and an onsite gym too!
The salary offered will be between £30,000 and £38,000 per annum dependent upon your experience, with a bonus of up to 20% of base salary on the achievement of set KPI´s.
You will receive a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days per year including 8 bank holidays, and a pension.
Please forward your application and covering letter to Julie Allan
Other recent jobs in Birmingham