Bristol City Council Location:
To work 3 days a week with our museum retail shops. To assist effectively with a range of retail duties on a day to day basis to maximise sales, and provide first class customer service. This job will require you to be flexible with working hours including weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
We attract over 1 million visitors a year and we´re looking for a retail assistant to work in our two museum shops, M Shed and Bristol Museum & Art Gallery. If you enjoy delivering great customer service and love selling then read on.
We´re currently focusing on increasing our retail income and are working hard to make our shops a fun, exciting and inspiring place to buy that special gift for yourself or someone else. To do this we need to provide excellent customer service by helping the customer understand our products and get the support they need.
We also have an online shop so people can access us all over the world shop.bristolmuseums.org.uk
Currently we are also looking to extend and refit Bristol Museum & Art Gallery shop and will be introducing pop up shop stalls across our sites. You´ll be key to ensuring these new ventures succeed. We will need you to:
- Be an enthusiastic and effective member of the retail sales team.
- Actively sell merchandise to customers in the shop.
- Possess a high level of product knowledge and be able to talk about the merchandise to customers and tell them about the features and benefits of products.
- Process sales, including tickets through the till / EPoS system accurately, cash up and take lead with end of day procedures such as locking up.
- Respond to orders received by telephone, mail order and from the online shop by processing sales and packaging orders for dispatch.
Our retail team is led by Helen Lewis, Retail manager, several permanent staff on a rota and extra help as required.
If you think you can help us make a difference then I´d encourage you to apply, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Your work will contribute to supporting the museum service which is over 100 years old. We think it´s special and hope you do too.
This role is primarily at M Shed but you may need to work at other sites including Bristol Museum & Art Gallery and Blaise Castle House Museum. Shifts will include weekends and school holidays. This role is for 3 days a week. Shifts are on a set rota that include working every other weekend.
Other recent jobs in Bristol