Cotham Pharmacy and Post Office Location:
We are a family-run and local community pharmacy that has a small, highly motivated and enthusiastic team of trained individuals. Training is a key element to our operation and success and we are currently looking for a part-time (30-35hours) NVQ2 accredited dispenser to join our team.Hourly rate can be negotiated.Any applicant must be competent in healthcare sales. We deal with Prescription Collection and Delivery Service, NHS and Private pharmacy services, care homes and blister packs. Successful applicant will be working closely alongside the supervising and responsible pharmacist as well as another pharmacy dispenser.
Responsibilities and Duties
Applicant must be able to multi-task and handle busy situations. Applicants withno experiencebut interested will be considered.
- Dispenses prescription medication and other medical products to patients under direction of licensed pharmacist
- Counts pills, labelling and compounding medications to prepare prescriptions for patients
- Performs administrative duties, including answering phones, receiving and inputting prescription orders, operating cash registers, and over-the-counter sales
- Gathers, organises, and assesses patient information
- Supplies patients with information and education on their prescriptions
- Monitors prescription-filling process to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and pharmacy policies
- Liaises with healthcare providers and patients to obtain correct prescription information and drug interactions
- Answers patients´ questions about their medications under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Takes inventory of drugs on hand and records results
- Maintains electronic patient records
- Maintaining stock and ordering
- Completes patients´ sales transactions for purchase of prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as other pharmaceutical products
Qualifications and Skills
- NVQ 2 level accredited dispenser,
- Any previous Healthcare or Pharmacy experience,
- Applicants with no experience but interested will be considered also.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Other recent jobs in Bristol