Defence Business Services was formed in 2011 and has the vision to become the premier business services organisation across the public sector. Working across a diverse and complex environment, DBS provides mission critical services to over 100 different customers including military personnel, civilians, veterans and their dependants. DBS is passionate about providing great service to these and all of its customers. Since formation, DBS has developed a positive workforce culture where people feel supported and engaged, making DBS a great place to work and an employer of choice.
DBS ITMS is the team that provides the technical support and development capability to the Ministry of Defence back office systems which include Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Security Vetting. This is an opportunity for enthusiastic candidates to join the team and gain knowledge and training in the role of Oracle Database Administrator.
Typical aspects of the roles are:
- Provide day to day application maintenance and support services to both system users and service delivery functions.
- Delivering system fixes and changes in accordance with planned timescales or at pace for urgent fix requirements
- Assist in the planning work ensuring all tasks are delivered to the agreed Change Release schedule and Agency Business Plan. Investigate / implement options for minimising out of hours support to reduce the overtime requirement
- Perform system monitoring each day; check availability, growth and performance of Live systems Person specification
Candidates will ideally have an understanding or use of relational database administration skills Competencies
We´ll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Changing and improving
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
- Leading and communicating
- Collaborating and partnering
Civil Service Competency Framework Benefits Benefits
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates. Allowances
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.