What are we looking for? Service Despatcher
Where is the role based? Bristol
Without Jungheinrich, your shopping trolley would probably be empty. Every day, our trucks move millions of goods in logistics centres globally.
Jungheinrich is one of the top three leading companies in the material handling equipment and Intralogistics sectors worldwide and we are very interested in speaking with you further about your career.
Jungheinrich has evolved from a producer of forklifts to a manufacturing logistics service provider achieving an annual turnover of over £2.5 billion. Today, we employ over 14500 employees, thereof in Europe alone over 800 sales consultants, as well as more than 4200 mobile service engineers, maintain a close-knit network providing quality consulting and comprehensive service.
In short, your role within Jungheinrich will play a crucial part in providing the customer with complete peace of mind in managing their intra-company logistics.
This position is based out of our Bristol Office in Almondsbury and reports into the Service Support Manager. You will be responsible for allocating existing engineering resources in order to meet customer expectations in a timely and cost effective manner. To provide good communication at all times to both internal and external customers. Making sure that all incoming planned and unplanned work is reviewed, planned, prioritised, assigned and completed.
A background in planning, forecasting or scheduling would be highly advantageous for this role. The main duties for this role are:
- Handling and logging of customer call efficiently and by agreed procedure
- Building strong and positive relationships with customers, engineers and colleagues
- Making sure that all customer are regularly being updated about the status of their work
- Maintenance Planning
- Allocate and monitor progress of all incoming planned and unplanned work
- Record and monitor VOR trucks, escalate when and if required
- Allocate and order Subcontracted work.
- Absence planning of engineers in conjunction with ASM.
- Process engineers timesheets, checking for accuracy, productivity, overtime
- Making sure that all work is correctly charged to the customer and any error logs are cleansed regularly
- Review team resource, skill matrix and primary engineers regularly with team ASM
- Participate in internal meetings (Team meetings, ASM meetings etc)
- Monitor engineers performance and escalate to ASM where appropriate.
- Procurement of Engineers Tools & Small materials
A good knowledge of IT packages, including MS Office is essential, SAP experience would be advantageous, however, full training will be provided.
Jungheinrich is an attractive employer and cares about its employees. We offer a wide range of benefits, training courses and on-going career support so if you would like to know more about this opportunity or any others, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Team on the contact details below.
Any unsolicited CVs from agencies will be treated as a gift Keywords:
Scheduler Scheduling Admin Administrator Administration Planner Despatch Dispatch Despatcher Dispatcher