Senior Project Manager - BIG (Business Improvement Group)
Competitive Salary + Progression Opportunities + Training & Development + Employee Share Plan + Company Pension + Flexible Working Hours + Onsite Gym + Excellent Working Culture
Computershare´s Business Improvement Group (BIG) oversees projects and programmes across the organisation including process improvement, acquisitions, integrations, new products and regulatory change. We provide business solutions, improvements, change management and strategic planning in the areas of people, process and technology for Computershare UK, Channel Islands and Ireland (UCI) regions.
Computershare is a company founded on technology and has always focused high levels of investment in change management – the BIG team are at the core of Computershare’s drive to continually improve our business to the benefit of our clients, customers and employees. We offer career development in a team with unique exposure to all area of the business.
Our Project Managers are responsible for the delivery of companywide major projects and programmes of work. They will lead a cross-functional team across the Business Improvement Group, Technology and business SMEs.
Touching the majority of our business units, this opportunity gives the jobholder the chance to work on and have oversight of a variety of challenging initiatives, providing the platform to build an enviable knowledge base across all our products, whilst enhancing his/her relationships across all levels of management and staff.
We are looking for project managers at a senior leadership level with extensive experience in change and project management preferably within the Financial Services industry.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business ensuring it directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Provide leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or, several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage Projects to the correct level of governance and in line with Computershare’s project management methodology
- Validate business cases to ensure solutions are appropriate to the ROI and all benefits are measurable
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with internal stakeholders, managing their expectations to ensure the business objectives are being delivered
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Apply the proportionate level of quality assurance and risk management to all change projects to ensure they deliver to the business´ requirements and deliver the agreed benefits
- Lead change activities to ensure business readiness for all process and system implementations. Including, but not limited to: Impact assessments, UAT, Training, dress rehearsals, business readiness
- Timeliness of project delivery based on agreed delivery schedule
- Mid-year and end of year reviews
- Team and stakeholder feedback
Skills/Experience & Competencies:
Significant experience in managing and leading projects or programmes, preferably within a business change environment
Project or Programme Management experience across multiple projects/programmes with varying priorities, complexities and deadlines
Practical application of project management and analysis methodologies (PRINCE2, PMP, Six Sigma etc.)
Proven ability to successfully deliver tactical and strategic business solutions
You appreciate technology and can think logically about the impact of technological enhancements in a business context
Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to articulate information clearly and concisely both verbally and in written format
Experience of dealing with different levels of stakeholders and colleagues from all areas of the business
Commercially aware and understanding of benefit realisation
Positive, pragmatic and collaborative approach
Strong PC skills (Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project – capability to produce high quality written documentation, presentation slides, and project plans
Formal Project Management qualification
Financial Services industry experience
Broad understanding of people, process and technology within Computershare as an enterprise
Operational Experience – working and delivering into an Operations environment
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.