Position Title: Finance Administrator
Reporting to Finance Manager/Senior Finance Administrator
Hours of Work: 09:30 - 17:30
Reporting to the Finance Manager and Senior Finance Administrator, the Finance Administrator will provide high quality support to the relevant business team to help drive business performance. The Finance Administrator will take responsibility for the provision of billing support and tailored management information within the business area, and in the maintenance of good financial management and control.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Managing all aspects of the Engagement Review process, including preparation for meetings, providing necessary reports, conducting robust meetings to help manage Lockup and address KPI´s, following up and assist on action points and escalating any issues appropriately.
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of the business being supported and its nuances to enable the production of relevant financial information and value adding insight
- Supporting the business in complex billing activities including:
- Summarising and analysing WIP reports to enable managers in the business to make billing decisions;
- Producing invoices for complex final fees;
- Send copy fee notes to clients as required.
- Release or validate engagement codes.
- Deal with split / overseas / interoffice feenote and VAT queries
. * Assisting the Finance Management Team in coordinating housekeeping activities within the Function
- Controlling the release of Engagement codes, ensuring pricing rules and sign-off have been adhered to pre-release and that the code set-up is logical and consistent with functional rules * Clearing suspense codes on a timely basis ensuring there is no time held longer than in functional guidelines
- Reviewing lending and borrowing reports for mis-postings and ensure time transfers are processed as appropriate.
- Monitoring time charged to non chargeable codes including BD and proposals.
- Reviewing overhead costs and bringing any anomalies to the attention of the Senior Administrator/Finance Support Manager.
- Providing non standard reports to the business as required.
- Feeding back any issues, trends and concerns, where policy is not being followed or where changes to practices would bring improvements.
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate: -
- An affinity for working with numbers
- Resilience when meeting opposition
- An ability to work with people across a spectrum of grades/seniority
- Confidence to raise perceived problems or inefficiencies
Calmness under pressure
- Ownership of own performance and self awareness to recognise areas for development
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to new systems and procedures
- Record of sharing knowledge and experience with others
- Curiosity and desire to solve problems and report on conclusions/outcomes
- Accuracy in checking data for accuracy and completeness
- Can change workload to match changing priorities
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification to A-Level or equivalent standard a requirement
- Experience in finance or a related role
- Desire to develop a career in finance and acquire a professional qualification a benefit
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Other recent jobs in Bristol