About The Opportunity
This role is a secondment opportunity and is open only to permanent GKN employees and temporary employees currently engaged with GKN Filton, Bristol
To operate as a multi-skilled, flexible worker to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency. To have a wide knowledge of the use of hand tools and machine tools as used in the aircraft industry including :
- Deburring of structures
- Paint touch up and cleaning requiring
- Treatment touch-up in localised areas on Aluminium
- Sealent application
- Pressure testing
- Ensure parts are produced on a right first time basis
- Ensure that any calibrated equipment used is within date
- Responsible for the timely clearance of work phases using the SAP system
- Responsible for highlighting any non-conformance to the Process Team Leader
- Adhering to the requirements of the GKNAF Quality Procedures
- Accountable for Health & Safety requirements under Section 7 of the HASAWA 1974
- To hold first party inspection approval (M04 status is subject to obtaining A stamp approval)
- Responsible for general housekeeping within the area
Compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety procedures relevant to all work activities
Reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the companys procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions
Maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work area(s)
Champion Export Control compliance activities, ensuring you and where applicable, members of your team, adhere to the site Technical Control Plan (TCP), guaranteeing compliance with Export Control Regulations, controls, training and systems.
Basic engineering knowledge/experience in aircraft detail manufacture and ideally have previous manufacturing experience in a factory environment.
- Ability to work to standard operating procedures
- Must be able to work as part of a team with Process Team Leaders
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and techniques to support GKNAF continuous improvement initiatives
- Self-motivated team player with good communication skills
Export Control understanding and regulatory requirements
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the worlds leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the worlds leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the worlds aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the worlds advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.