Permanent Youth Tutor Job In CardiffCompany:
New Directions Education Location:
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Youth Tutor for our client based in Cardiff.
the purpose of this role is to provide a learning and employability framework to Youth learners, ensuring the attainment of positive outcomes through the delivery of
classroom and vocational assessment and training.
This is a permanent and full time opportunity, Salary £18- 23,000 DOE Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial interviews including assessment activities with learners using a range of tools
- Plan the learning and assessment process with learners, observing and recording assessments completing all relevant documentation.
- Complete and maintain accurate records including the individual learning plan to the minimum required standards.
- Deliver sessions which include direct teaching and the use of a variety of teaching strategies / methodologies to support delivery of both classroom and placement based teaching and assessment.
- Develop and utilise lesson plans for each taught session incorporating topics relating to whole class teaching, individual, paired, group and differentiated activities
- Provide focused support to those learners who are pre-entry level, or may have specific learning needs
- Working closely with the learners learning coach to identify progression opportunities.
- Completion of all training and learner related documentation and paperwork to ensure correct content and accuracy, including monthly reviews of progress.
- Work as part of a team to ensure a quality learner experience
Experience and Qualifications
Additional Information The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- Relevant training experience and
- Relevant occupational qualifications
- Experience of working with young people
- Qualified or with the potential and willingness to work towards; CAVA qualification or equivalent qualification, ESW Communication Level 2, AON Level 2, 375 practitioners Award L3 or equivalent
- Occupational Experience / Knowledge and
- Technical competence in route ways
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below: -
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD). What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133 , or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th September 2017 We are award winning, we thought you might like to hear about this award Innovation and Excellence Awards for Recruitment and Training 2015 and 2016
This award celebrates and rewards innovation and excellence in businesses across the UK. Our team was subject to rigorous assessment criteria which only the most deserving firms walked away with an award. We were proud to be category winners alongside Google, Deloitte and PwC, not only in 2015 but also for a second year in 2016.
Other recent jobs in Cardiff