Day Shift ManagerCompany:
Sigma Recruitment Ltd Location:
Working DAYS Monday to Friday for a profitable manufacturing company who has recently invested c£4M in improving manufacturing efficiency. The organisation is a world leader in their field and is a very stable employer. Over the last ten years, the business has invested more than £100M into their South Wales site. An excellent time to join, as the business is very optimistic about future growth potential and profitability. About the day shift manager / production shift manager position.
As the day shift manager, you will focus on continuous improvement and total quality management projects, working closely with the production manager. Typical responsibilities will include: -
What you will need to be successful as a day shift manager / production shift manager
- Providing training/coaching on continuous improvement and total quality management methodologies.
- Leading continuous improvement projects, including implementing 5S.
- Leading the activities of a small day based processing team, motivating and coaching them to achieve all key performance indicators.
- Working closely with the health and safety advisor to pro-actively improvement HSE risk management.
- Creating standard operating procedures and risk assessments for key production processes.
- Working closely with the production manager to troubleshoot any production problems.
- Covering shift based shift managers if the team leaders are unable to cover, this is expected to be very rare.
In return, the day shift manager / production shift manager will receive a salary up to £34,000, 5% Bonus and a 5% Pension.
- Previous experience of continuous improvement projects.
- Ideally previous experience of leading, managing and motivating a team.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to persuade, convince and influence to ´make things happen´ and achieve objectives.
- Commitment to health and safety and continuous improvement methods.
Please click apply to progress your application. NOTE
if you apply for this position a consultant will review your CV and call you if your CV is a match.
If the consultant cannot reach you they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!
Other recent jobs in Cardiff