Dewis Centre for Independent Living Location:
Please visit the Dewis CIL Recruitment page to apply. Please do not send CV´s JOB DESCRIPTION Personal Assistant GENERAL INFORMATION
Personal Assistant required for a lady living in the Heath area of Cardiff to provide assistance with accessing the community and to take her out and about. The applicant must be able to drive and have access to a car.
Due to the level of personal care involved the personal assistant must be female and exemption is claimed under Part 1, Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010. To assist with day to day activities which ensure the service user is able to live as independently as possible. HOURS OF WORK
6 hours per week on Saturdays.
The working pattern will be discussed by the employer. RATE OF PAY
£9.02 per hour. TYPE OF TASKS REQUIRED
TYPE OF PERSON REQUIRED Reliable . Excellent organisational skills . Calm . Pays attention to detail . Good interpersonal skills . Trustworthy . Good sense of humour.
- Support with personal care, washing her face, body and hair in the shower.
- Assist with general household domestic tasks
- Help with changing incontinence pads and monitor skin integrity
- Help with medication, if required
- Assistance with d octor and dentist appointments.
- Provide assistance with preparing and cooking good quality and h ealthy foods for lunch/ supper.
- Help with shopping.
ABOUT THE JOB
Though a part-time job, this will be a proper job requiring a National Ins urance number to be submitted. A probationary period of 6 months will be necessary in the first instance. The wage will be paid 4-weekly on return of a payslip provided by the Centre for Independent Living. You will receive appropriate holidays and holiday pay.
Other recent jobs in Cardiff