Research Degrees Support AssistantCompany:
University of Warwick
To work within the Research Degrees office to assist students with day to day queries.
Duties and responsibilities Prospective Students:
Processing applications and offers:
- Liaising by email and telephone with prospective students, providing information, answering enquiries.
- Proof reading and checking for promotion of project adverts across required websites.
- Checking eligibility of applicants
- Checking supporting documents
- Liaising with the admissions team
- Liaising with potential supervisors discuss applicant details
- Special case requests obtain required documents, liaising with student, supervisors, admissions
- Give applicants guidance on application processes
- Downloading applications from the universitys online application system (BPM)
- Chase applications keep records up to date, chase, accurate
- Make recommendation of offers based on qualifications, suitability of expertise, do they have funding, special case considerations.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Liaison with finance
- Arranging student examinations - liaising with academic staff, booking rooms, accumulating required reports and paperwork.
- Organisation of induction events and student workshop
- Communication to students, monitoring registration, booking rooms
- Annual progress review assistance with ensuring documents are up to date, reports received, records of meetings recorded, workflows complete.
- Registration process arranging IT, desks, supervisor introductions, liaison with student for arrival times, locations.
WMG Student SharePoint Portal:
- Arranging meetings, liaising with academic staff, booking rooms, sending calendar invites
- Liaison with other internal university departments
- Website updating e.g. graduation pages, student intranet
- Administrative assistance with on-going projects e.g. student handbook, supervisor training documents, examiner training documents typing, proof reading, data entry,
- Accumulating data for reporting e.g. application stats
Data entry, checking records, system testing, reporting of issues for development, training users.
Skills and experience
- Educated to A-level standard
- Experience of providing administrative support, preferably in an HE environment
- Experience of providing a high level of professional customer service and support
- Experience of managing and co-ordinating events
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Effective time management, use of own initiative in setting priorities and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Excellent IT skills; Experience of Microsoft Office applications, website development, content management systems (SITS and BPM experience desirable)
- Knowledge of UKVI regulations relating to overseas student admissions (desirable)
WMG, The University of Warwick
Interviews will take place week commencing 29th January.
Please include a covering letter with your application detailing your relevant experience.
Other recent jobs in Coventry