JOB DETAILS NIGHT CARE ASSISTANT
HOURS PER WEEK : 35 average
RATE OF PAY: £7.70 per hour
Accrued Holiday Pay
SHIFTS: 9.30pm - 7.30 a.m.
Alternate Saturdays &
Sunday, Monday, Tuesdays
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR NIGHT CARE ASISTANT
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Care/Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
1. Carry out regular checks around the Home at intervals as outlined on the check sheets and other Care Plan documentation & instruction.
2. Carry out regular checks on the building with special reference to fire protection.
3. Answer emergency bells, assess the situation, deal with the client seeking help or call upon the Duty Person if required.
4. Assist clients who need help, reassurance or comfort.
5. Assist clients preparing for bed and waking in the morning as required.
6. Assist clients who need help with washing, dressing, undressing, bathing and toileting.
7. Help clients with mobility problems and other physical disabilities such as incontinence; help in the care and making the best use of aids and personal equipment, providing comfort with dignity.
8. In the time between attending to clients, undertake domestic duties primarily in the fields of laundry and ironing, or cleaning as directed.
9. Greet visitors cordially, offer refreshment and attend to reasonable requests with regard to their relationship with the resident and offer any information where appropriate.
10. Read and write reports in case notes.
11. Take part in staff and client meetings and also in training activities as required.
12. Administer medication as listed in residents records using Boots Monitored Dosage System and policies and procedures in place. To take full responsibility for this if appointed person in charge as above.
13. Care for residents who are temporarily unwell.
14. Help care for residents who are dying.
15. Observe the Homes Health and Safety Policy at all times.
16. Carry out duties with regard to Home Fire Regulations policy.
17. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
As a Care Assistant it is important that you:
Job Type: Full-time