You will play a critical role through the delivery of skilled technical and analytical support, enabling the business to protect their licence to trade and will facilitate management assurance to Corporate Banking standards.
As a KYC Client Support Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
· Own the provision of Client documentation and information required for Know Your Customer (KYC) Refresh, by proactively liaising directly with Clients and collaborating with Corporate Banking Coverage Managers and Operational Teams. The role holder will need to analyse the banks refresh requirements, identify the refresh approach and strategy for individual clients, analyse information and documentation obtained directly from the client and external sources, make informed decisions around whether information and documentation is satisfactory and complete the case through to risk acceptance and attestation.
· Partner with and escalate to internal areas, such as Financial Crime, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) and the Risk Assessment Unit (RAU. When appropriate challenge and negotiate on areas of KYC policy with internal Teams and exercise judgement and autonomy when faced with subjective scenarios, in order to ensure the appropriate level of diligence is undertaken and complex KYC cases / issues are resolved
· Proactively initiate contact with Clients, including Senior Management and Company Representatives of Global Institutions. The role holder will require advanced Communication and Relationship building attributes, as they will be requesting and scrutinising sensitive client information, whilst balancing the need for a positive client experience.
· To facilitate completion of cases, they will also need to influence and educate Clients around the importance of KYC and ensure that all engagement is professional, timely and efficient
· Manage a workflow of Clients ensuring that tasks are prioritized and balanced to meet the demands of the business. Manage colleagues’ workflows in times of leave and absence
· Ensure compliance with mandatory Risk policies and procedures relating to governance, regulatory compliance (including Financial Crime), operational and legal risk. Conform to the Barclays Way
· Undertake key sample controls and checks as necessary to required quality standards
· Act as subject matter expert in KYC and promote a greater understanding of Operational controls within the business teams in order to embed a risk aware culture.
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the wider business and work with Team Leaders, Coverage, Clients and Internal partners to improve processes.
· Support the Team Leader to ensure that team workflow is managed in the most effective and efficient way.
· Support the delivery of exceptional business performance across a range of operational and rigour metrics ensuring our business retains its ‘Licence to Trade’.
· Proactively monitor my own performance and develop the knowledge and skills that I need to be the best I can be in my role and my career in Barclays.
As a KYC Client Support Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
· Excellent level of numeracy, verbal and written skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
· Experience of working to deadlines
· Experience of quality assurance / review activity
· GSCE English and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications
· Previous experience within Relationship Models preferable
· Strong organisational skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of colleagues including senior leaders and stakeholders
· Ability to manage a variety of tasks and deliver to a high standard of accuracy
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.