Diabetes.co.uk is the worlds most active and engaged diabetes community, owned and operated by Diabetes Digital Media. We´ve got over 650,000 members - that´s more than 10% of people living with diabetes in the UK.
We provide intelligent, digital health interventions that are changing the lives of millions of people. We´re starting by reversing as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes as we can with our Low Carb Program.
Our evidence-based digital health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail, Sky News and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission (reversal). Why is this significant? Because type 2 diabetes was once thought of as a disease that is chronic and progressive - but it is not, and by demonstrating that, we are changing the future of medicine. We´ve already saved the NHS £6.9m in medication savings in just a year.
As a result, we are hiring a roll-up-your-sleeves passionate, meticulous Graphic Designer.
We are looking for someone who can think creatively and implement business objectives by creating something original to expand our ever-growing diabetes community.
As a Graphic Designer, you´re responsible for making stuff look good! You will design new apps and platforms, improve design of existing features and help us rapidly scale our platform. You will weave iconography, typography, colour, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our beautiful and accessible products. You will also be required to assist in offline design of marketing materials including merchandise, stationary and other print marketing.
- Design one or more of our consumer facing products (i.e. mobile apps, web apps, websites)
- Aiding with the construction of new aspect to the world-leading digital health interventions (i.e digital health programmes) that are changing the lives of millions of people
- Create a look consistent with all of products while pleasing our users
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find
- BA degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in a related field
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, UX writer) on technical implementation
- Expertise in design software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Must be self-motivated to prioritise and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
To love this role, here´s the type of person you are:
- You´re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion
- You´re analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- You have a passion for excellence
- You´re proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills
- You´re able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- You´re good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning
- You´re innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem-solving
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done
What you can expect from and the perks of the company:
We´re a driven and dynamic team with a passion for making a difference. This undoubtedly comes with opportunities and benefits!
Job Type: Internship
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Have you completed the following level of education: Secondary education?
- Are you in University of Warwick?
- Do you speak fluent English?
Job Type: Internship