Diabetes.co.uk is the worlds most active and engaged diabetes community, owned and operated by Diabetes Digital Media. We´ve got over 650,000 members - that´s more than 10% of people living with diabetes in the UK.
We provide intelligent, digital health interventions that are changing the lives of millions of people. We´re starting by reversing as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes as we can with our Low Carb Program.
Our evidence-based digital health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail, Sky News and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission (reversal). Why is this significant? Because type 2 diabetes was once thought of as a disease that is chronic and progressive - but it is not, and by demonstrating that, we are changing the future of medicine. We´ve already saved the NHS £6.9m in medication savings in just a year.
As a result, we are hiring a roll-up-your-sleeves passionate, meticulous Software Developer.
As a Software Developer, you´re responsible for making stuff work! You will build infrastructure to create new products, improve existing features, squash bugs, and help us rapidly scale our platform.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience of working within an agile development methodology
- Experience of using GIT/Version control
- Ability to work closely with designers and other developers
- Familiar with API Integrations
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities
- Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation
- Review current code, systems, and practices, and iteratively improve their quality and efficiency
- Work closely with support technicians, marketers, and designers
- Produce detailed specifications and pitches for future developments
- Develop new features, fix bugs, and iteratively optimize performance and quality of code
- Test the product in real-life situations before release
- Prepare internal documentation for Development team and support technicians
- Assist customers in resolving highly technical issues
To love this role, here´s the type of person you are:
- You´re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion
- You´re analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- You´re passionate about development, with a general thirst for knowledge and a significant interest in new technology
- You have a passion for excellence
- You´re proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills
- You´re able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- You´re good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning
- You´re credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication skills who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks
- You´re innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem-solving
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done
What you can expect from and the perks of the company:
We´re a driven and dynamic team with a passion for making a difference. This undoubtedly comes with opportunities and benefits!
Job Type: Internship
Job Type: Internship