Best Western Location:
Hotel – Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel
Position – Night Supervisor
Salary – Competitive
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Night Supervisor to join our team. The main responsibilities of the role is to be effective and efficient in the operational running of the Nights department, whilst maintaining standards and practices and developing new procedures.
- Part of a small high profile hotel group
- 8 Conference and Event rooms with the biggest holding 200+
- Fairways Restaurant & The Cellars Bar
Main duties and responsibilities
- Carry out handover procedures at start and end of shift.
- Deal with room allocations, guest arrivals. Check-in and departure procedures, Accept and process messages and enquires.
- Ensure that all guest arrival and departure administrative functions are carried out correctly, especially the continual maintenance of guest rooming lists, for use during any evacuation emergency.
- Ensure that the property has been locked down, that all doors and windows have been locked securely.
- Ensure that security walks are conducted throughout the shift, with particular attention to security and health and safety related matters.
- Check that all postings, bills, accounts, cash and credit transactions, floats, adjustments, allowances, balancing and hand-over procedures are implemented proficiently.
- Ensure the continual safekeeping of all cash/securities and that regular daily takings are made in compliance with laid down methods and security arrangements.
- Carry out close-of-business administration, reports and balancing. Process hand-over procedures.
- Process the night audit and ensure that correct procedures are followed and reports are produced and distributed accordingly.
- Assist with staff training; departmental inductions, job skills, safety, statutory requirements and development and to continuously monitor and check standards of work and correct when necessary.
- Work in co-operation with other departments, especially reception and bar services.
- Adhere to procedures for the security of property, keys - company, guest and personal. Deal with lost property and report immediately any suspicious circumstances or persons acting strangely.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have experience of working within a hotel operation, ideally in a 4 star environment
- Be able to deliver excellent customer service at all times and train others to follow a similar example
- Be smart and professional in appearance with a "can do" attitude and excellent communication skills
The Essential Skills:
- Have previous proven experience in a 4 star hotel or a similar high quality environment
- Has a passion and commitment to quality and customer service
- Well organised and structured in your approach
The Desirable Skills:
- Confident personality with presence
- Engaging and the ability to inspire
Other recent jobs in Coventry