About the Opportunity
We are looking for a talented, motivated, organised, self-starting individual to join our Water Assurance team, are you that somebody? This will be a two year FTC so we will be looking for someone to make a big impact with us.
Supply Interruptions is one of our key ODIs, and the Water Assurance evaluation technician will hydraulically assess and collate performance data and information relating to company supply interruption events assuring our supply interruptions reporting. This task-based role will include validating data, and producing results from customers interruption supplies, whilst also requiring a proactive approach to improvement-process thinking. You will assure the accuracy and robustness of all information produced, and will also support Operations and Network Control teams to understand the leakage reporting data, whilst driving a consistent approach across all county teams.
As an Assurance Technician - water, your key skills and competencies will include
Severn Trent Benefits include:
- Following an interruption to supply event you will evaluate the number of customers affected and for how long they were without water
- Validation of data that informs weekly supply interruption key ODI measures
- Have the ability to understand complex hydraulic issues
- Support Supply Interruptions Performance manager in all aspects of Annual Return Reporting, audit and conformance monitoring / management.
- Salary Up to £25,000
- Fantastic Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
- Full range of Flexible benefits such as:
oSMART water save money on your bills
oPrivate medical insurance
oChildcare voucher scheme
- GCSE Maths and English grade C and above
- BTEC / Degree or similar qualification in engineering or operational management, or significant relevant experience
- Full UK Driving license
This is a full-time role based at our busy, high-tech head office in Coventry city centre. With an on-site Costa Coffee, Restaurant and a Train Station and Bus Stop just around the corner we have everything you could need.
Who are we?
Were a FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1million people across the Midlands and into north and mid-Wales. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do and were proud to be building a lasting water legacy.
Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. And well achieve that by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving operational excellence and continuous innovation, investing responsibly for sustainable growth, changing the market for the better and creating an awesome place to work.
We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.