Edinburgh Fund Accounting Change ManagerCompany:
United Kingdom,Scotland,Edinburgh Education:
Associate´s Degree/College Diploma Job Function:
Transaction Processing Schedule:
Day Job Employee Status:
Regular Travel Time:
No Job ID:
Description Job Purpose:
Strategic oversight and people management of the Fund Accounting Change Department. Providing strategic guidance on a consultative basis to function heads, including product partners. Job Background/context:
This role is based in Citi Edinburgh with a key focus on strategy, people and resource management. The role-holder will be a key internal partner of client facing change managers and other senior stakeholders. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for Change Management area
- Day to Day management of Change Management area, including workflow allocation based on available capacity and skills.
- Management of risk, controls and quality assurance within the area.
- Effectively applies the Citi project methodology and enforces project standards across all projects.
- Senior Management engagement to shape overall change strategy with key focus on change management
- To develop and agree objectives for the department, with focus on the Fund Accounting area
- Establish external and internal benchmarks and appropriate KPIs as the basis for demonstrating the quality of Project Management / Delivery
- Management of the testing of platform upgrades, with a focus on review of new software available in the upgrades.
- Develop Training strategies to ensure department are equipped to service all contractual change clients.
- Maintain appropriate internal and external networks.
- Hires, manages and develops staff.
- Extensive years working in a financial services project environment, preferably in senior roles.
- Qualification in project management / Business Analysis or equivalent
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Proven experience in people management
- Experience in strategic planning
- Experience in risk management Skills:
- Understanding of project management methodologies
- A natural consultative working approach with the ability to form strong working relationships through exceptional gravitas, an engaging personality and business credibility.
- Experience of leading and inspiring a team with evidence of developing and nurturing talent.
- Highly motivated, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within a blue chip company.
- A passion for delivering first class service.
- A/Higher level standard or above.
- Qualification in project management or equivalent.
- Manages the strategic aspects of large engagements and mitigates any risk.
- Oversees project managers on client engagements within practice.
- Reviews high-level deliverables across practice.
- Ensures engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures take place for all practice engagements.
- Provides leadership to practice within a geographic area.
- Develops, implements, and maintains sound business practices.
- Develops and implements strategic objectives for practice that are aligned with the region´s strategic initiatives.
Further Citi Information
Citi, Edinburgh is a friendly, close-knit environment based in a new state of the art office, over 2 floors. Next to beautiful Arthurs Seat, Holyrood Palace and the Scottish Parliament its just a 10 minute walk from Waverley Station and is a central and easily accessible location with superb cycle links.
Citi was first established in the UK in 1912 and the Edinburgh office opened in 1976 to support the Asset Management Industry. The fund accounting operation was established in Edinburgh in 2003 and currently has around 250 employees.
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus (dependent on start date) you will be entitled to:
- 23 days annual leave (varies with level and length of service)
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x life assurance earnings) on death in service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan (interest free)
- SELECT (Eligible Citi employees will also be able to select further lifestyle benefits through our flexible benefits scheme, Select. This benefits plan has been designed to give employees flexibility and independence in choosing the benefits that matter to them and allowing them to tailor their benefit choices to suit their circumstances.)
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Other recent jobs in Edinburgh