Apprentice Service Technician - VolkswagenCompany:
Western VW - Edinburgh East Location:
Do you want a career in the motor industry?
Apprentice Service Technician
Mercedes Benz - Newbridge
Up to £7,644 DOE
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the worlds best loved brands. If you havent already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our companys history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 29 sites with just over 1200 employees.
What does the job entail?
- To assist qualified technicians with servicing and repairs
- To observe best work practices, develop and maintain skills levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of motor vehicles
- To attend internal and external training courses as directed by Management
- To maintain a clean and safe work environment
- To maintain personal standards of dress, cleanliness and hygiene, consistent with the standards laid down by the Company
- To be responsible for the safety of yourself and others, using protective equipment when required.
- To ensure parts for warranty claims are retained and are cleaned and drained of oil, when necessary.
- To develop and maintain a thorough and current product knowledge
- To ensure a consistently high level of quality and workmanship.
- To ensure all job cards are complete to the standards laid down.
- To work overtime as required if reasonable notice is given.
- To advise the Workshop Foreman or Service Advisor of any additional work necessary on a vehicle during servicing.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality and reliability
- Commitment and self confidence
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Maternity pay
- Family days out
- Company Sick pay
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme
Other recent jobs in Edinburgh