Country Head, FctmCompany:
Country Head, FCTM Role Purpose
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective regulatory approach by defining a potential new regulatory landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of regulatory compliance.
The jobholder is accountable for the country level management and oversight of FCTMs sub-functions aimed at mitigating the harms associated with financial crime. In this role, the jobholder is responsible for:
Principal Accountabilities Impact on the Business
- The day to day management of the FCTM function at a country level, overseeing the sub-functions and representing the function to Lines of Business as well as the Groups counterparts in industry and in regulatory and security agencies.
- Providing expert input into the formation of Global FCTM strategy and then executing this operational and technology strategy within region.
- Operating within a Hub-to-Country model within the function to facilitate the optimal operation of the function in all geographic areas where a financial crime threat mitigation presence is required.
- Interaction with law enforcement, security and regulatory agencies in furtherance of public-private partnerships, information and training initiatives as well as on specific investigations of significance. Through these interfaces the jobholder will be able to support external partners in the setting of future regulations, practices and activities that impact on the robustness of Financial Crime Risk both in region and globally.
- Ensuring that the function continuously improves its understanding of the evolving financial crime risks at a country level and that this knowledge is rapidly applied to mitigation activities.
- Communicating and escalating information on the most significant financial crime risk findings to Regional and Global FCTM senior management and senior regional management where applicable to support and facilitate appraisal of the relevant risks and mitigation.
- Actively supporting and drive intra-regional initiatives to address cross-border financial crime, proactively engaging law enforcement.
- Ensure that FCTM staffing is of the necessary calibre in the key areas of investigation, financial crime subject matter expertise, intelligence acquisition and analysis, data and analytics.
- Create and reinforce a culture of collaboration, trust, professionalism, integrity and urgency in delivery.
Customers / Stakeholders
- To manage a team of senior managers, each responsible for one or more of the FCTM sub functions within the country
- To leverage and influence globally defined strategies, initiatives, policies, and procedures among reporting teams in support of FCR objectives and ensure for the effective execution across FCTM.
- To escalate significant financial crime threats and management issues identified in country to senior leadership so appropriate action can be undertaken in response.
- Implementing a consistent and effective management approach within the country based on regionally and globally defined standards.
- Input into the strategic plans in-country and accountable for converting strategic plans into operational objectives.
- Drive efficient allocation of scarce resources, including capital and people
- Provide input for sign off for annual FCTM regional Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Prime interface with FCR and FCTM on all associated country level matters
Leadership & Teamwork
- Manages and owns relationships with key internal stakeholders across sub functions, lines of business, in-country.
- Strengthens and manages external relationships with key public sector partners and peers.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight of the firms participation in initiatives with key members of Group, public sector and peers to share information on financial crime threats.
- Oversees the support and coordination capability necessary to manage the response to high priority financial crime threats requiring a coordinated response across all FCTM sub-functions, lines of business, or countries and escalation where appropriate to a Regional and Global level.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Clearly communicates Threat Mitigation strategy to meet business needs.
- Provides direction at a country level to the FCTM sub-functions.
- Establishes policies to attract, retain and motivate high calibre talent.
- Influences through action and strong leadership FCTM personnel to own and optimize FCTM decisions to grow sustainable, risk adjusted profits.
- Provides sponsorship and strategic vision for People Development initiatives for FCTM, aligned to Group Risk and Group activities, as well as supporting the annual BAU HR cycle.
- Co-ordinate communication across Financial Crime Risk (FCR) and the business to all key stakeholders in relation to FCTM matters.
- Drive the framework, policies, procedures, and controls for the effective identification and mitigation of the specific financial crime threats the firm faces.
- Agree and oversee the monitoring of the adherence to the FCTM related elements of the Financial Crime Risk Functional Instruction Manuals (FIMs).
- Monitor and assess the resourcing, costs, and spend of the function.
Qualifications Knowledge & Experience
- Significant executive experience leading a regulatory, investigative or intelligence agency, or the financial services industry.
- Deep expertise and experience in mitigating the harms associated with the threat of financial crime at a strategic level.
- An excellent understanding of the current regional and Global regulatory environment and expectations, relevant regulations, codes, and HSBC Group Standards, as well as their underlying purpose to mitigate risk to the financial system and provide information useful for the public sector to provide law enforcement and security.
- Significant leadership experience and an experienced strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels.
- Ability to develop efficient and effective solutions to complex global issues.
The base location for this role is Birmingham.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as a Enhanced Vetting Role.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Other recent jobs in Edinburgh