Community Care Assistants - MorningsideCompany:
Social Care Alba Location:
Social Care Alba is the foremost Care at Home provider in Scotland. We are an Investor in People and Healthy Working Lives award winners. Following significant success and growth, Social Care Alba is actively recruiting experienced Support Workers and Care Assistants. We would also love to hear from people looking for their first care job and have a passion to learn and provide high quality care to vulnerable elderly service users.
As the exclusive supply partner of Edinburgh City Council, we are looking for the right candidates to work in the central and south-central areas of Edinburgh City (Specifically the EH3, EH9, EH10 and EH11 postcodes).
You would be responsible for providing the highest quality care at home support, including monitoring service users health & well-being and help in administering medication. You will work with and learn from our team of experienced nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and pharmacists.
This is your chance to be part of a company that makes a real difference to peoples lives!
We are accepting applications from candidates who are passionate about caring for others, and who want to work in an exciting environment with significant career and learning opportunities. Your day to day tasks would include:
Requirements: About You: Requirements:
- Travelling to and providing individual care and support to people in their own homes. This may include cleaning, washing and dressing, providing meals and maintaining community links.
- You may also assist people with continence promotion, catheter care, stoma care, peg feeding, administering medication, oral health and moving and assisting.
- Maintaining personal files and act as a key worker to service users.
- Proven track record in helping and supporting others.
- Able to travel independently from home to home
- Evidence of acquired skills or experience working in a similar role.
- The ability to work 20-40 hours per week. (Shift patterns can include evenings and weekends)
Not Necessary but preferably
- Hold an SVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- One years experience in a similar care-giving role
- PVG Certification
- Full and part-time hours available depending on your schedule and availability.
- Full training given.
- Supervision and support.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- 28 days Paid holiday.
- Support with SVQ 3 and 4.
- Support with your career development.
- Health plan.
- Guaranteed hours following probationary period.
- You will LOVE it.
- We strongly believe in investing in our staff and we are currently support staffs education with e-learning, workshops, SVQ 2, 3, & 4 all the way up to MSc.
Pay rates are between £8.25-£9.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications!
Other recent jobs in Edinburgh