First Military Recruitment Ltd Location:
MM122 HGV Technician Location:
£11.73 per hour + additional pay for shift work, licence held and weekends. Overview:
The HGV Technician is responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of the Company fleet and customer vehicles. This is a permanent, full-time role. The shifts are rotating earlies and lates 06:00 to 15:00, and 12:30 to 21:30. Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with Company and legislative requirements.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard.
- Provide on the job training for other Technicians/Trainees as required.
- Continually identify possible warranty claims and escalate these to the appropriate person.
- Reduce non-scheduled work and vehicle visits to the location between Preventative Maintenance.
- Ensure shift workload is completed to the required Company standard.
- Ensure that unplanned work is completed and resolved to a conclusion satisfactory to the customer.
- Communicate vehicle status with customers when required.
- Ensure all customers are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously.
- Answer telephones and deal with queries or escalate where necessary.
- Remain up to date with the latest vehicle technology and changes by attending Company training programmes.
Recognised formal training programme:
- Fully skilled HGV mechanic, through a recognised formal training programme.
- Driving licence essential - HGV licence is preferred.
City & Guilds Parts 1, 2 & 3 Heavy Vehicle
IMI Diploma Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
NVQ Level 3 Heavy Vehicle
BTEC Level 3 Heavy Vehicle
IRTEC Licence either Service Maintenance Technician or Inspection Technician Advanced or Master Tech
Other recent jobs in Edinburgh