Version 1 Location:
Version 1 in a fast-growing business, and this year we will be focusing in particular on growing our business in the UK and we are expanding our HR team to help facilitate this. This role will sit as part of the HR team, reporting into the Head of HR, UK, but also working closely with the HR team in Dublin and the Recruitment team in Edinburgh and Dublin.
This is a role for someone who likes a wide and varied remit, constantly juggling priorities and working on the front line with the business every day to best serve our customers and our employees. You will be someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with constant direct interaction with the business. You will be able to operate with limited supervision, and prioritise activity in line with needs of the business, our customers and our employees. You will develop relationships with people managers and employees across the business and become one of the ´go to´ people for HR advice across the UK.
The role will suit someone who wants to constantly improve how we do things to make them better for our employees be that reviewing benefits, improving processes, coaching managers or refreshing our website and materials. Youll be someone who transforms proposals into reality and have a track record of doing this elsewhere.
- Coach and support managers through the Version 1 Quarterly Rhythm performance and career development processes.
- Be a regular presence across UK sites to facilitate manager and employee support.
- Work with Marketing, IT and Finance to ensure joined up business support to the business.
- Understand, implement and change policy & procedures.
- Support managers with employees on Performance Improvement Plans.
- Guide managers through any employee relations issues that arise across the UK offices.
Pay & Benefits
- Manage changes to the payrolls each month, working with the payroll managers.
- Understand, manage and improve benefits across multiple entities.
- Look for opportunities to improve and enhance benefits, and keep our benefits package current.
- Organisation design and change advice and support to the business.
- Continuously develop support materials for employees - intranet, handbooks, self-service, FAQs, etc.
- Ad hoc project work for quarterly initiatives (e.g. roll-out of the quarterly company theme).
- Support for HR work stream to integration new acquisitions in the UK.
- Oversee planning and communications for quarterly employee briefings at each of the UK sites.
- Implement group employee engagement initiatives in the UK (e.g. CSR, local engagement team support).
- Continuously embed the Core Values across the UK offices.
- Work with the recruitment team to source, attract and induct great people for Version 1.
- Undertaking HR interviews with UK candidates.
- Facilitate the onboarding of successful candidates from offer through to onboarding and the induction day. Qualifications
- A pragmatic and commercial approach to problem-solving.
- The ability to work independently but also knowing when to get the rest of the team involved - and likewise be willing to pro-actively involve yourself in Group initiatives.
- Strong written communication style.
- Proven ability to work effectively across a dispersed team.
- Ability to use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness and understand requirements (i.e. strong Excel skills).
- Experience in: compensation and benefits, including managing or overseeing payroll.
- Employee Relations.
- Managing non-EEA UK visa processes.
- Interviewing candidates.
- Good knowledge of UK employment law.
- Experience of auto-enrolment pensions.
Recruiter Name ,
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Tel:
Other recent jobs in Edinburgh