The successful candidate will Provide the fee earners with the support they need to perform their role of providing legal services to clients.
To help fee earners maximise the amount of time they have to spend on fee earner and other essential non fee earner tasks. Assist in the management and execution of the fee earner´s day to day workload. General Responsibilities & Duties:
Show pro activity and initiative at all times to ensure fee earners are supported in all aspects of their daily work.
Effective and proactive liaison with fee earners to establish priorities and service requirements.
Full management of fee earner diaries. Review fee earner in boxes, including:
Travel arrangements including:
- Clear unnecessary emails.
- Categorise for priority purposes.
- Identify actionable emails - highlight to fee earner or if agreed prepare draft response on fee earner´s behalf.
Education and training:
- Research flight options, accommodation and costs, keeping within the limits of the travel policy.
- Check booking conditions for changes/cancellations.
- Obtain visas if required.
- Prepare itineraries and travel packs (to include, tickets, maps, confirmations, meeting papers, full client contact details, time zones, etc).
- Complete expenses on return.
- Book fee earners on internal/external training courses/seminars as required.
Answer all telephone calls in a speedy and professional manner, giving and providing appropriate messages.
Draft emails, forms and small letters for fee earners.
Type from dictation or amend marked up short letters and documents (less than three pages as a guide).
Manage data room sites and client extranets.
Manage practice area hub pages.
Run document comparisons.
Assist fee earners with BD activities.
All other ad-hoc duties requested by fee earners. New clients and matters:
- Open new matters on LawSoft.
- Liaise with compliance team is required.
- Draft engagement letters if requested by fee earners.
- Ensure engagement letters are issued and recorded.
- Assist with conflict checking.
- Run WIP reports and meet with fee earners monthly.
- Create draft bills, checking correct rates, addresses, disbursements, etc.
- Apply new rates and discounts.
- Prepare narratives, if required.
- Prepare covering letters or emails.
- Finalise bills.
- Arrange for signatures by partners and send out if required.
- Prepare reports for clients if required.
Complete cashroom postings and cheque requests.
Assist fee earners with time recording, including holidays and absences if required.
Run LawSoft reports when required.
Assist fee earners with credit balances, ensuring balances are dealt with in the required timescales.
Deal with fee earner expenses, ensuring activities are recorded in InterAction. Experience, Skills, Attributes Required:
Ability to work on own initiative and in a proactive manner.
Seeks out opportunities to provide a more efficient and proactive service to fee earners.
Excellent communication skills to deal effectively with personnel at all levels and build good working relationships.
Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, LawSoft and InterAction.
Fast and accurate copy and audio typing skills.
Self starter with ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
Strong team player.
High level attention to detail.
Excellent organisation skills.
Flexibility to work outwith job profile to provide additional support as required.
Present a professional image and demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge and understanding of the firm´s processes.
Comply with all in-house policies and procedures.
Whilst we´d love to get back to every applicant personally, it isn´t always possible and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback. If you are interested in this role and wish to be considered please click apply!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
**If you are currently registered with Office Angels and interested in this role please contact your consultant directly by email**