User Experience DesignerCompany:
Standard Life Location:
Salary GBP 22,245 - 37,000 + bonus + flexible benefits plan (including private healthcare and non-contributory pension)
Contract type - 12mth Fixed Term contract
Closing date - 28th February 2018
Job contact - 0131 245 1000
This is an exciting opportunity to join Standard Life’s Digital team, which includes Digital managers, UI designers, UX designers, Content managers, Copywriters and Analytics consultants – all responsible for driving value for our customers and colleagues through a customer-centric, evidence-based design approach.
As a UX Designer within the team, you will work across Standard Life’s digital products, helping to ensure a consistency of design and brand across all digital channels, new and existing features, products and services for both customers and colleagues. This includes our transactional and non-transactional websites, apps, as well as tools for our colleagues. The role involves working in an agile environment with cross-functional teams including UI designers, developers, testers, product owners, as well as stakeholders across the business. What I need to do:
- Create user experiences that are aligned with Standard Life’s strategic vision of allowing our customers to move forward in a way that matters and makes sense to them
- Define, develop and create the information architecture and content framework of entire Standard Life’s digital journeys, creating an engaging, easy-to-use and best-in-class customer experience
- Use a range of inputs, including digital and brand principles, analytics, customer feedback, insight, usability testing, technology and business requirements to develop informed and logical solutions
- Consider the wider customer experience across Standard Life’s digital ecosystem on each project to ensure we are designing joined-up experiences for the customer
- Contribute to the digital customer experience strategy within the department and across the business as a whole, balancing with product and business needs and objectives
- Lead workshops with cross-functional teams that define the UX of particular customer journeys based upon the product and user requirements
- Work within agile scrums, lead all phases of user experience design through a data-informed, test-and-learn approach
- Champion the voice of the customer through your work, using user research and user testing to validate and refine concepts
- Inspire and motivate other designers in the team, with the opportunity to mentor more junior members.
How do I need to do it:
Qualifications What do I need to have: Essential
- You connect the dots between business requirements, user needs, innovation and good design
- You demonstrate the behavioural competencies expected of a senior-level designer within the team, including initiative, flexibility, strong communication and user advocacy skills, inspiring confidence in those around you
- You foster a collaborative approach with a strong sense of responsibility
- You are committed, reliable, and trustworthy
- You need to be proactive and able to act with independence and integrity
- You manage your own workload and time effectively to meet deadlines
- You have the flexibility and ability to cope with changing circumstances
- You have the ability to work across digital channels (mobile, web, apps, etc.)
- You possess knowledge of best practices, and emerging digital technologies
- You clearly and concisely communicate your solutions internally and externally, using a range of methods as appropriate for the audience.
- Professional experience in a UX design/research role
- Extensive experience of working throughout the phases of the UX creative process: user research, design, testing and implementation
- Extensive experience of user research including card sorting, interview scripts, conducting interviews, focus groups, diary studies and trialling new concepts with customers
- Experience of producing user journey maps, user flows, empathy maps and personas
- Experience of creating mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes for our development and design teams that incorporate all the technical, editorial, and usability specifications of the project
- Experience of different testing techniques including face-to-face usability testing and remote user testing
- Knowledge of usability principles, mobile design best practices, cross-browser best practices, modern web design principles, and information architecture
- Experience of measuring and monitoring insight and performance against success metrics for performance and experience
- Knowledge of a range of UX software toolsets such as Axure, Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision, etc. and be able to work across both Mac and PC formats
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and experience of implementing them. Desirable
- Visual design skills
- HTML and CSS capability.
- Consultancy expertise
Provides consulting support, advice and guidance in a particular field of expertise to internal colleagues at all levels. Identifies and analyses requirements and proposes solutions to meet the need.
- Communication skills
Clearly and effectively communicates information, ideas, plans, requests and opinions to internal and external stakeholders through a range of channels including written and oral. Ensures alignment with communication guidelines and policies.
- Continuous improvement
Applies a systematic approach to help optimise business activities and processes to support the strategic objectives of the organisation. Includes significant process transformation activities as part of continuous change programmes.
- Generic technical
Managers to add in specific technical skills required for the role, ie product knowledge or specific technical knowledge to the role.
- Proposition knowledge
Possesses an understanding of customer needs and requirement and knowledge of how Standard Life’s products and propositions meet these requirements and deliver value for customers and the business.
- Market and industry knowledge
Knowledge of the markets, competitors, products, services, trends, and impacting forces and factors that make up the industries which Standard Life operates in.
- Managing information
Effective application of techniques to collect information and process it to facilitate and support key business processes and decisions.
- Customer at the heart
- Understand self and others
- Information seeking
: Marketing / Communications Primary Location
: United Kingdom-Edinburgh
Other recent jobs in Edinburgh