At Lloyds Banking Group, we embrace the accelerating pace of change and are creating a simpler, more responsive, digitally led organisation. Our approach to innovation ensures that our colleagues have the opportunity to shape the direction of banking, whilst supporting our customers both today and in the future.
Youll add value by monitoring and managing the technical infrastructure used within the Insurance & Wealth business teams. This technical infrastructure includes business critical information and reporting, used daily to support decisions and a variety of applications used by front line teams to support our customers.
As a Senior Analyst, youll be responsible for ensuring that the Infrastructure is adequate to support the front line teams achieving their goals, and any change is safely delivered with outages minimised and rectified quickly when they occur.
This means working closely with customers and stakeholders across a variety of teams, taking part in requirement gathering, development, testing, and a full route to live process, and following best practices and industry established techniques, using tools and technologies which maximise the accuracy and availability of data and data services.
Plus youll be encouraged to explore and develop tools and technologies to support the development methodology, across requirement gathering, development, delivery and testing.
Other aspects of your role include,
- Proactively review and assess risks presented by our infrastructure with robust documentation and action plans to mitigate and control risk with quantifiable improvements in data availability and accuracy.
- Maintain all databases, applications and servers to ensure continuation of live service.
- Maintaining a consistent level of excellence in delivery of ad-hoc analysis, constantly seeking ratifying and corroborative analytics across a strong network of contacts and data sources.
- Supporting the Data Insights to effectively develop and implement appropriate technology solutions in line with our strategic ambition and best practice.
- Supporting yours and the personal development of peers and members of the team, sharing your technical expertise and continuing to develop technical excellence in the disciplines underpinning the development of reporting and applications.
Youll need to have a high level of analytical expertise, having worked in a similar fast-paced regulated environment, with proven experience of genuinely being able to collaborate effectively.
Youll need to have expert knowledge and good experience of developing in:
o Application Development (SQL Server, Access, Web Based, VB etc.)
o C/C++ & C#/Java
o VBA and .net
o Query profiling and optimisation
o Performance monitoring
o Capacity planning
A working knowledge of Insurance and Pensions, Tableau and leadership Skills would be highly desirable.
In return, well offer you a competitive package which includes salary, bonus, and generous pension contribution and flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle. We have a long track record in flexible working and were always open to new ways to improve our peoples work-life balance, therefore open to discussion on working patterns and working hours.
Plus in 2017, Lloyds Banking Group was recognised by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 companies where people in the UK want to work.
Being a part of Lloyds Banking Group offers opportunity for progression and development, so if youre looking to work for one of the largest Financial Services organisations in the UK and youve the skills and knowledge we need we would like to hear from you.