Sales And Booking AdvisorCompany:
Highland Experience Tours Location:
Scotland fastest growing 5 Star tour company in Edinburgh are looking to expand their core team again and are currently looking for a highly motivated, talented Sales advisor to work in their centrally located Royal Mile office. Initially January October however we also have permanent opportunities . We maintain 5 star level of service at all times and as a VisitScotland Information Partner iknow we go that extra mile to help all visitors to the capital.
Working in Scottish Tourism is 7 days a week therefore you must be willing to work weekends and different shifts to cover our booking hours 7.00 am 10 pm. You will be working on average 4 shifts a week either 7am-2pm or 2pm-10pm.
This position would suit someone who has a bubbly, positive personality, previous sales or tourism experience and good general/geography knowledge about Scotland and England would also be an advantage. You must also be willing to work under pressure and have amazing communication skills. You must be able to work as part of a team however you will be mainly working as an individual, the job requires you to juggle many things at once and attention to detail is absolutely essential.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Answer enquiries via phone, email and in person regarding information such as tours, accommodations, procedures, and policies.
- Provide customers with travel suggestions and information sources.
- Confer with customers to determine their service requirements and travel preferences.
- Determine whether space is available on travel dates requested by customers, assigning requested spaces when available.
- Contact customers to advise them of travel changes or to confirm reservations.
- Check- in customers in the morning and provide relevant information.
- Prepare passenger lists for the morning shift.
- Cash and credit card handling, making refunds when required.
- Promote particular destinations, tour packages, and other travel services.
- Book accommodation for customers when needed.
- Resolve any problems during your shifts.
- Work towards personal and team targets.
- Help tourists who are visiting Edinburgh with any information they needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE**
- Minimum one year experience in sales and customer service.
- Travel, hospitality and/or tourism industry experience, preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills are essential.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a level of professionalism in moments of stress.
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to deal with difficult complaints and unhappy customers.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Salary and Benefits
- £15,600 per annum based on 40 hour working week
- Monthly commission based on tours sold
- 28 days holiday entitlement (full time equivalent)
- Company pension
Job Type: Full-time
Other recent jobs in Edinburgh