Finance & Risk Control ManagerCompany:
Change Recruitment Group Location:
Change Recruitment currently have an exciting mid to long term contract opportunity with a leading financial service organisation based in Glasgow. As a Finance & Risk Control Manager, you will be part of a global team with the responsibility for overseeing the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting for key jurisdictions. The role will also support key operational risk programmes and objectives and responsible for producing accurate risk reporting and adding to the risk management infrastructure.
You will be a qualified accountant (CA / ACCA / CIMA), ideally with experience of operational risk concepts and methodologies - the role will demand excellent communication qualities to develop and enhance key stakeholder relationships across Finance, wider Operational Risk, Front Office, Internal Audit and Operations, additionally these stakeholders will be based globally.
The role will report to a Senior Finance Manager, will be responsible for a small team (1-2 staff) and will also be involved in ad hoc projects - the key responsibilities are:
- Part of team that produces external financial reports and regulators
- Summarise, plan and forecast the Group´s financial position i.e. Income statements, balance sheets and analysis of future revenues
- Contribute to the development, design and direction of the Global FinRISK function and workstreams
- Manage the production of finance risk reports and analysis of risk information and metrics
- Support management in roll out of group mandated risk programmes, with purpose of establishing and enhancing an appropriate governance framework
- Review/oversight finance risk reporting from local and off-shore teams
- Monitor quality assurance activity over operational risk incidents, issues and actions
- Perform data analysis
This is an initial 6 month contract position, this will very likely be extended by a further 6 months (with an opportunity to go permanent thereafter) - the role offers an excellent platform to develop technical skills, project experience and people management qualities.
Day rate: £250-275 a day
Other recent jobs in Glasgow