YouTrain are supporting a Scottish based lawyer firm with the recruitment and training of a Business Admin Apprentice to work within their Glasgow office.
The main purpose of the Business Admin MA will be to assist in the delivery of the services aligned within the Facilities Department. Apprenticeship Programme
As well as entering full-time employment with a well-established company, you will be given the chance to earn as you learn. Fully funded for those aged 16 – 24, you will be supported through a Business Administration Apprenticeship. With the support of a dedicated Assessor you will work towards achieving a nationally recognised vocational qualification.
This is an ideal position for a school or college student/leaver who is looking to continue their personal development in the workplace.
The Role – Duties & Tasks
As an Apprentice, you will be responsible for:
Document Management duties:
- To retrieve documents and files from storage ensuring systems are updated accordingly
- To regularly collect boxes and documents ensuring systems updated before returning to storage.
- To ensure storage system is up-to-date, sending boxes offsite when required.
- To locate files, documents and boxes from Offsite when required and ensure passed to requestor
- Reprographics duties:
- To process photocopying from “In-tray” ensuring instructions are followed; record accordingly and then deliver
- To check satellite copiers for supplies regularly and sort minor faults, calling out engineers as required.
- To process and complete reprographic work requested by fee earners as required
- To collect outgoing and internal mail throughout the department and distribute as required
- To prepare mail for despatch, checking, folding and ensuring that the enclosures are included and that cheques are signed
- To prepare letters and packages for couriers
Reception and Telephony duties:
- To welcome all clients in a courteous manner
- To book appropriate rooms and take orders for hospitality
- To ensure meeting rooms are set up with appropriate catering, documentation and information in advance of meetings
- To inform the appropriate staff member of arrivals at reception
- To arrange transport for clients and staff
- To assist with any seminars or events as appropriate
- To fully utilise the telephone system, answering calls in line with firm protocol
- To provide holiday and sickness cover for reception colleagues
- To assist with enquiries and requests from internal and external clients, forwarding the query to the correct department/person
- To book travel for internal clients in line with the firm staff travel guidelines The Candidate – Skills & Qualities
As mentioned this role would be perfect for a school or college student/leaver who is keen to work within an Office Environment.
We expect candidates to be educated to a minimum of National 5 in Maths, English and Administration/Computing.
You must be an organised and efficient individual who is able to prioritise their workload and work to deadlines. As you will be dealing with customers, you will need to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a friendly and outgoing personality.
This position entails working and learning simultaneously therefore you must showcase a hardworking attitude and a willingness to learn.
Other recent jobs in Glasgow