Gardner/handyperson - The MallardCompany:
To work as part of the staff team liaising with manager and or deputy in relation to the upkeep of the building and grounds.
Ensure that the mini bus or CrossReach vehicle is maintained to a high standard meeting all regulations.
It should be noted that not all aspects of the Job description will apply to each and every unit.
Duties within the Garden will be seasonal and tasks will vary season to season.
1. Maintenance of paths driveways and any garden equipment ensuring that all matters in relation to health and safety are adhered to.
2. Ensure that paths driveways are cleared of ice/snow and/or leaves (seasonal).
3. To have a working knowledge of different plants and care off vegetable and flowers.
4. Maintain vegetable and flower gardens/plots.
5. Report any issues in relation to the walls, or fencing, that may require action and/or repair.
6. Be aware of risks in relation to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
7. Maintenance of lawn.
1. Keep records in relation to property maintenance.
2. Escort tradesmen when they are in the building.
3. Advise manager, or deputy, of any work that may be required.
4. Participate in Health and Safety training.
5. Assist with moving of furniture and/or equipment in accordance with health and safety.
6. Carry out minor repairs within the individuals capability.
Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
This post requires you to either complete a Disclosure or be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
You will be required to participate in the organisations appraisal system.
The postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet for completing mandatory e-learning courses.
Other recent jobs in Glasgow