Senior Archaeology ConsultantCompany:
The appointment of a Senior Consultant is key to the development of our archaeological and heritage team in Scotland, to be based in our Glasgow office. You will be expected to provide input to heritage projects from planning and other consent applications, prepare archaeological desk based assessments and EIA chapters. We are particularly interested in candidates that have experience of working on highways and energy schemes, as well as good field work experience including designing together mitigation strategies and WSI’s and monitoring and managing fieldwork programmes.
Preferably, you will have a specialism, skill or area of knowledge that contributes to the development of the team and our wider business. Working together with the Technical Director and the heritage team you will contribute to the strategic development of our developing service line.
A typical week will include:
- Preparation of Written Schemes of Investigation for fieldwork, archaeological and cultural heritage desk-based assessment, DMRB assessments, setting assessments, ES chapters, heritage statements, walk-over surveys, heritage constraint mapping,
- Assisting in archaeological fieldwork management.
The closing date for this role is 14th March 2018, salary is up to £35k dependant on experience. About You
We´d love to hear from you if you have:
- BA/BSc Degree in Archaeology
- Relevant postgraduate degree
- Associate/Member of the Chartered Institute for Archaeology (MCIfA)
- Professional archaeological report writing
- Significant consultancy experience
- Technical report quality assurance
- Stakeholder and client liaison
- Previous experience in archaeological fieldwork
- Robust knowledge of Scottish archaeology and history
- Full knowledge of the planning process (including EIA) and fully conversant with the relevant environmental / heritage legislation and guidance
- Proven ability to undertake archaeological assessments using bespoke and industry standard methodologies
- Excellent writing skills
- Full Drivers’ Licence
- Good communicator and team player
- Highly motivated
- Conscientious and efficient approach to work
- Strong technical knowledge and skills within a particular area of expertise
- Experience of working on highway and energy projects
- Historic building assessment.
Other recent jobs in Glasgow