Food Service AssistantCompany:
Kingston upon Hull
Job Title: Food Service Assistant
Job Summary: Perform duties as directed to Component Standards and Client needs
Responsible to: Head Chef/Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of all foodstuffs, snacks, & beverages as required.
- Assist in with cooking and preparation as required.
- Preparing for service to the standards laid down by the management.
- Serve all food and beverages at the specified times.
- Operate any control systems as defined by the manager, completing necessary records.
- Ensure daily knowledge of the food to be served, together with the appropriate garnish and portion controls.
- Maintain the menu boards as directed.
- Ensure tables, chairs, trolleys and floors are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Assist in the washing up of equipment in the day to day running of the kitchen.
- Collect and remove to the appropriate area all dirty crockery, cutlery, trays and any other light equipment.
- Clean all areas of the kitchen within the specified cleaning routines.
- Ensure that all storerooms are kept clean and tidy.
- Carry out deep cleans as specified by the management.
- Maintain competent hygiene levels.
- Following company or component policy in dealing with customer comments or complaints.
- Comply with Health & Safety Regulations & Fire Policy.
- Report hazards to management.*
- Ensure that clothing, including footwear & headgear & personal hygiene is of the highest possible standards at all times.
- Level 2 Food Safety & Level 2 Health & Safety preferred but onsite training will be given as required.
- Participate in any arranged company training to improve your standards of performance.
- Suggest areas of improvement and take any corrective action as required. Perform any other duties that may reasonably be required.
- Saturday - 12:30pm-5:30pm
- Tuesday - 12:00pm-5:30pm
- Wednesday - 7:00am-12:30pm
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £7.50 /hour
- Food Service Assistant: 2 years
Other recent jobs in Hull