Technical Support ManagerCompany:
We manufacture interactive whiteboards, selling to educations, health and corporate customers in the UK and abroad.
Our support is expanding and we require someone to come on board to manage the team to ensure customer support requirements are dealt with efficiently and to a high standard.
We are busy growing company with a highly skilled and motivated team. For the right candidate who proves their value in the job there are huge opportunities to gain skills and experiences across a wide range of business disciplines. This role also offers potential for international travel to train partners in supporting customers in overseas markets.
This will be a hands-on technical role with a significant management aspect.
Duties will include :
- Manage the technical support team comprising in-house and external field engineers.
- Monitor incoming support requests via email, telephone, online ticket system from both UK and abroad.
- Organise onsite visit schedule.
- Liaise with customers, resellers and partners to provide support requirements.
- Maintain up to date parts inventory
- Undergo intense product training to get up to speed on the technical aspects of the role.
- There will be hands-on technical work, ranging from Software support and troubleshooting to hardware support on a variety of operating systems.
- The role will be mixed office based and onsite based (50-50).
- Take responsibility for ensuring training materials and knowledge is kept up to date.
- Maintain records and reports of issues to monitor failure rates. Liaise with factory engineers to identify issues and engineer solutions
- Pre-sales technical support
- Work with product development to design new features
- At least 2 years in technical support
- Ideally good level of Electronics repair skills, but good PC/laptop/mobile repairs skills will be accepted
- Sound working knowledge of ICT systems including networks, operating systems, drivers and hardware diagnosis
- Experience in the education ICT sector a distinct advantage
- Experience of macOS and Android a distinct advantage
- Any network admin experience (GPO, firewalls, security)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good telephone support, providing clear, professional patient instructions to customers with a wide range of technical abilities
A vehicle for support will be provided.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm.
20 days holiday per year.
Onsites could require early start or late finish.
For company driving insurance purposes a full clean driving is required and you must be aged 25 or over.
- We´re an unconventional company, which means no 2 days are the same.
- Like challenges and learning new skills everyday ? That´s us.
- Want to work for a company where you can apply the full range of your abilities, to find out what you are capable of?
- Are you fed up of working in a silo environment? We hate that too - here you will work with sales, logistics, software development, marketing, finance teams seamlessly.
- We´re a small(ish) informal team, but we´re all committed and appreciate hard work.
- We´re looking to hire quickly, so don´t delay, apply now.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
- Technical Support: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
Other recent jobs in Leeds