National Citizen Service (ncs) Wave LeaderCompany:
Leeds United Foundation Location:
Are you a people person who´s passionate about making a difference? The life-changing NCS experience wouldn´t be possible without the hard work of our amazing delivery staff. Our seasonal staff are at the heart of NCS, and were proud of the people who motivate, lead and inspire our young people on their NCS journey. You can be a part of this incredible youth movement. You will have the chance to work on one of our 4 week programmes which includes 2 residentials (various locations across the country) and a community based phase (West Yorkshire).
To successfully manage and lead a NCS Wave of up to 4-10 teams and ensure the delivery of a high quality NCS programme within specification. Supporting the NCS Manager as appropriate.
Length of role
Temporary 20 working days across a 4 week programme
Wave 1: 2nd July 27th July
Wave 2: 23rd July 17th August
Wave 3: 30th July 24th August
Wave 4: 6th August - 31st August
- To manage and support the NCS delivery staff and volunteers to ensure that a high quality and compliant NCS programme is achieved. To resolve any staff or management issues in a professional and compliant manner and that where appropriate are recorded in a written report.
- To attend NCS Taster and Launch events and meetings relating to NCS in support of the programme management and delivery.
- To undertake and record written observations and assessments of staff and activities whilst on delivery duty. To provide timely verbal / written feedback to staff on quality and compliance.
- To follow and implement correctly the PHAROS incident procedures in the event of a major or minor incident.
- To ensure that all NCS delivery logistics, activity timetable, registers etc are completed within a timely manner and where applicable accurately.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety matters are observed and that a safety check in line with each risk assessment is undertaken prior to any activity whilst on any residential or non residential.
- To ensure all Safeguarding / Data protection procedures are followed correctly and that reporting of incidents are correctly and accurately recorded and that the NCS Manager is notified immediately.
- To support in the delivery of NCS staff training and NCS residential skills workshops.
- Complete NCS monitoring and evaluation reports or questionnaires where necessary to support the management and development of the programmes.
- To liaise with Senior Managers in the implementation of duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain appropriate qualifications through an active approach to CPD.
- Ensure group harmony and facilitate group dynamics.
- Tackling any problems and resolving confrontation.
- Safeguarding of young people is paramount and YOU MUST report any issues to the NCS Co-ordinator and NCS Project Officer.
- Report and concerns/incidents to the NCS Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Administer basic first aid if required in line with first aid training.
- Complete the incident report form within 48 hours of any incident taking place.
- Provide support during NCS to your allocated staff.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in the spirit and ethos of NCS.
- Ensure young people observe rules pertaining to appropriate behaviour and conduct at all times as laid out in the NCS Code of Conduct.
- Uphold and positively contribute to the outstanding reputation of Leeds United Foundation.
- Take action if inappropriate behaviour happens.
Attend the training events including First Aid, Safeguarding Children, Risk Assessments, Guided Reflection and Team Building
- Be an active member and ambassador of NCS.
- Represent the Leeds United Foundation during NCS in a professional manner.
- Any other duties consistent with the main purpose of the job as may be specified from time to time.
The Leeds United Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Application closing date: 11:59pm 9th March 2018
Successful applicants must be able to attend a compulsory assessment evening on Tuesday 20th March 2018.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £1,800.00 /month
Other recent jobs in Leeds