The Leicester Diabetes Centre are recruiting a temporary DESMOND administrator. The successful application will be responsible for fulfilling resources and stock ordering as well as other general administration tasks which are unique to DESMOND. Working hours for this role:
The working hours for this role will be 25 hours per week. The working days will be as agreed.
Please ensure you can commit to the working hours above before applying for this vacancy.
If you decide to apply for this post, keep a copy of these details, as they will no longer appear on this web site when the post is closed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Fulfilling Resources in accordance to the DESMOND Program
- Managing stock control and order stock when required
- General administrative duties that are unique to the DESMOND Program at the Leicester Diabetes Centre
- Respond to and resolve within agreed parameters enquires and requests from departmental staff
Skills and experience Qualifications & Experience:
- Either academic or vocational qualifications (NVQ 2-3, 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above or equivalent) plus typically at least one years work experience in a comparable role
- Typically 2-3 years relevant work experience in the unit or a comparable setting
- Work experience in higher education
- Experience of DESMOND within the Leicester Diabetes Centre
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Courteous and effective exchange of basic information
- Excellent IT skills to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to prioritise workload, work accurately and negotiate in order to meet deadlines
- Strong organisational, record keeping and clerical skills
- High level of proficiency in English, sufficient to undertake administrative activities utilising English Language materials and to communicate effectively with staff and students
- Effective time management skills
- A willingness to be flexible towards duties and adaptable to change
Leicester General Hospital
Additional information How to apply:
Please ensure you apply with a tailored covering letter and CV Closing date for applications:
Tuesday 16th January 2018. Due to the volumes of applications we receive, any indicated closing date is subject to change at the hiring managers discretion.
Please ensure if you are interested in a position, you apply at the earliest available opportunity.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the indicated closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful in this instance.
Unitemps is acting as an Employment Business, supplying temporary workers, in relation to this vacancy
Other recent jobs in Leicester