Credit Controller Location:
circa £18,000 dependent on experience Position:
Full Time, Permanent
The company is the UK´s largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 33rd in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail, woodland burials, and construction equipment hire. Purpose of the role:
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To ensure the security and profitability of the company through efficient and effective credit control of a portfolio of clients
- To establish and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with their allocated portfolio of clients
- To provide excellent standards of customer service internally and externally
- To ensure that security is maintained at all times within the systems operated by the company
- Identifying and generating new business opportunities for the sales team to convert
- Ensures security & profitability of a portfolio of Clients through efficient and effective Credit Control
- Provides a high level of service whilst maintaining security
- Proactively seeks to understand their clients to allow them to spot both warning signs and opportunities
Requirements of the role:
- Communication skills - Maintain high level professional conduct with internal and external customers via face to face, the phone, email, and in written communication
- Relationship building - establishes rapport - Establishes and maintains a professional + ´expert´ relationship with clients through efficient credit control. Understands and is interested in client´s business
- Provides excellent customer service - Manages credit control of client portfolio whilst providing a high level of customer service + protecting the company´s security
- Listen and interpret information - Good listening skills, understands how and when to action information, to the appropriate person
- Understand needs - Sees things from clients point of view; identifies clients´ needs and has a sympathetic approach whilst protecting Bibby´s security
- Decision-making - Sets credit limits within guidelines, makes recommendations/ propose decisions, back up decisions to line manager.
- Develop solutions, problem solve and agree things with people - Monitors collection performance. Recommends appropriate solutions
- Ability to say ´no´
- Use, develop and sell the company´s products and processes
- Manages risk - Knowledge of clients business. Awareness of money laundering + data protection legislation. Monitors risk and possible fraud
- Financial understanding - General understanding of financial management/ audited accounts, manages risk
Desirable for the role:
- Experience - Credit Control experience, office environment, customer service experience
- Skills - Good communication, excellent customer service, attention to detail, IT.
- Qualifications - N/A
- Experience - Credit Control experience in a financial service environment
- Skills - Managing risk, sales.
- Qualifications - Basic IT, customer service/ administration NVQ
Are you ready for your next ambitious challenge?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
Are you ready for your next ambitious challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered to this role, candidates will need to complete the company´s application portal. Candidates who don´t do this will NOT be considered for the role. To do so, please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with experience of; Customer Services, Customer Assistant, Customer Aid, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Service Administrator, Customer Service Representative, Customer Advisor, Customer Support, Call Centre Advisor, Inbound Customer Services Executive, Inbound Call Centre Support, Payment Processing, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Supervisor, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance Officer, Finance Controller, Financial Controller, Financial Supervisor, Accounts Supervisor will be considered for this role.