Logistics Manager, LeicesterCompany:
We are currently recruiting for a Logistics Manager to be based from our central warehouse in Leicester, supporting our operational activities across the business.
The successful candidate must be an organised individual with a procedural mindset capable of using their own initiative.
This is a key role controlling the day to day activities of the Logistics department and includes the on-site management of the major event´s operations support team to deliver projects at events across the country.
The role will require the successful candidate to travel and work at events across the country, especially during our key busy summer period from May to September. This will include weekends. As the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for:
What we will be looking for in you as the Logistics Manager:
- Implementing and managing all standard operating procedures (SOPs) in respect to logistics at events and festivals
- Managing procedurally correct and comprehensive event logistics set ups and close downs
- Monitoring all relevant identification and ensuring it is presented by staff prior to them commencing work
- Managing the company stock asset tracking system and project costs software
- Creating and managing an annual budget as agreed with the Heads of Departments (HoD)
- Oversee and manage the company warehouse functions
- Working alongside the HoD to manage the companys procurement and tendering process
- Working alongside the HoD to hold responsibility for the facilities aspects of Showsecs annual testing requirements and lease negotiations
- Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the post
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise efficiently
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Leadership and management ability
- An understanding of quality management principles
- Full driving licence is essential
- Flexibility and reliability to travel to different sites
- Budgetary management experience
- Project management experience
- Previous experience in Logistics is desirable
- Salary of £29,580 per annum plus car allowance
- 37.5 hours per week with weekend and evening work during our busy summer period
- Pension scheme
- 24 days holiday + 8 days public holiday
- Non-contractual bonus*
- Private Medical Scheme*
- Additional holiday payment equivalent to 2% of annual salary*
- Upon successful completion of probationary period.
Closing date for applications is 25th February 2018 About Showsec:
Showsec specialises in crowd management and event security. We are dedicated to creating safe event environments while delivering the highest standards of service.
Based on core commitments to safety and customer service our team of skilled professionals have serviced thousands of events at over 450 venues across the U.K., managing the safety of over 25 million people at venues, sports, concerts, festivals and public events each year.
Other recent jobs in Leicester