Deputy Care Manager Right at Home Bromley - Bromley
£19,500 - £21.500 a year
Due to our growth in number of carers and clients we now recruiting for a Deputy Care Manager who is a driven and caring professional to join our friendly office in Bromley Common. You will help manage and develop the business, ensuring we always have best practice and full compliance.
The Deputy Care Manager role will entail managing our staff on the field, doing spot checks, supervisions and dealing with any client or Caregiver enquiries. The training section of the role will entail training all new staff to the Care Certificate, as well as ongoing training.
We are looking for an individual with the strength and determination to support us. Under the direction of the Registered Manager, you will be responsible for the holistic delivery of outstanding Care across our area. You will have exceptional people management and communication skills to support and coach our fantastic team of Caregivers. This role will require a great deal of flexibility and you will need to be focused in achieving operational goals and targets.
- To ensure training needs of all staff are met effectively implement induction programmes and identify and provide for on-going training needs
- To organise, implement, facilitate and manage the training program for the Company
- To arrange and deliver induction training and assess the competency of Caregivers completing the Care Certificate to meet the Companys recruitment needs.
- To deliver appropriate and relevant training to enable Caregivers to carry out their work to a high standard and in accordance with current legislation and Right at Home Policies and Procedures
- To liaise with external training providers to develop a program of role appropriate continuing professional development for Caregivers
- Maintain training records for all staff in accordance with company requirements and regulatory bodies
- To design and deliver or arrange for Caregivers to receive any additional training which has been identified through observation or supervision as being required
Qualifications and Experience
- Hold, or be working towards, QCF Level 5 qualification in Social Care
- In depth understanding of CQC assessment criteria for Good and Outstanding scores
- Junior management experience of service provision in the care industry
- Extremely well organised, excellent planning and prioritising ability with high attention to detail
- Train the Trainer qualifications in Moving and Handling and Administering Medication
- Previous experience of training management and delivery in the care sector
- A1 Assessors award or TAQA is desirable but not essential
- Experience designing and delivering adult training modules
- PTTLS teaching qualification also desirable
Abilities, Skills & Behaviours
- Ability to adapt your training style and resources to meet individual learning styles
- Working knowledge and understanding of training requirements in the domiciliary care sector
- General office administrative duties maintaining Caregiver training records, written assessments and observations.
- Process and procedure driven with the ability to adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a close network team
- Good planning and organisational skills incorporating excellent time management
- Ability to work to strict timeframes and deadlines without hindering on quality of delivery
We take great pride in developing our team. If successful, you will have access to an outstanding support network to allow you to grow and reach your full potential.
Salary will depend on experience, Company pension scheme, Mileage paid, Care calls paid weekend, On call paid for bank holidays, Employee benefits scheme.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
Required licence or certification:
Responsibilities and Duties
Working with the registered manager to ensure Right at Home care operations have outstanding compliance.
- Provide support to our caregivers in their day to day job
- Assist the Registered manager with supervising care staff
- Undertake spot checks on caregivers
- On-board new carers and introduce them to clients
- Deliver client reviews
- Participate in new client assessments and complete and update care plans
- Provide input for supervision meetings for carers
- Understand the detail person centred care plan of each new client
- Deliver care calls as required
- Ensure outstanding compliance across the business and to support the business in achieving a minimum of Good in CQC inspections
- Ensure consistent application of the companys policies, procedures and approved practice; and to promote the aims of the business
- Take a turn on a rota basis to manage the office on call telephone support service
- Continually review and improve processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is being delivered
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with caregivers, the registered manager, clients and their families
- Assess Caregivers after training, ensuring high levels of care is provided
- Provide admin support and enquiry management in the office as required
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £18,000.00 to £21,500.00 /year