University of Leicester
The School of Education are looking to recruit a temporary Placements Administrator. This role will co-ordinate the operational delivery of placement learning for our trainee teachers. The post holder will liaise with tutors to support the allocation of students to placements in local schools. The role holder will coordinate the evaluation of each placement, and provide administrative support for the training of school-based mentors. Working hours for this role:
The working hours for this role will be 25 hours per week. There is some flexibility in this that can be discussed with the Hiring Manager
Please ensure you can commit to the working hours above before applying for this vacancy.
If you decide to apply for this post, keep a copy of these details, as they will no longer appear on this web site when the post is closed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the Partnerships Manager in placing students in schools that meet their professional needs, in liaison with the students tutors, ready for sign-off by the programme teams and communicating information to students and schools;
- Be the first point of contact for schools, mentors and students on placement learning, ensuring systems are in place to handle queries quickly and effectively.
- Ensure high levels of customer service are maintained at all times for both Staff, Students and external stakeholders
- Provide administrative support for training, assessment and consultation events with school-based mentors, ITE coordinators and senior leaders;
- Provide administrative support for other events organised by the School of Education
Skills and experience Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- A level or equivalent qualification / experience
- Experience of using advanced features in Excel
- Experience of working with large amounts of data
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation
Desirable Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Proven ability to manage, manipulate and present large volumes of data drawn from multiple sources, always ensuring accuracy and excellent service to colleagues
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and build positive relationships with academic and professional services staff and with external stakeholders.
University of Leicester
Additional information How to apply:
Please ensure you apply with a tailored covering letter and CV Closing date for applications:
Monday 19th February 2018. Due to the volumes of applications we receive, any indicated closing date is subject to change at the hiring managers discretion. Please ensure if you are interested in a position, you apply at the earliest available opportunity.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the indicated closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful in this instance.
Unitemps is acting as an Employment Business, supplying temporary workers, in relation to this vacancy
Other recent jobs in Leicester