Credit Controller - 12 Month ContractCompany:
Bibby Financial Services Location:
We are currently recruiting for the following exciting role to join the family at Bibby Factors Northwest, Liverpool
Credit Controller – 12 month contract
Client Services Manager
To be confirmed
Closing date for applications:
31st January 2018
Purpose of the role
- To ensure the security and profitability of Bibby through efficient and effective credit control of a portfolio of clients
- To establish and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with their allocated portfolio of clients
- To provide excellent standards of customer service internally and externally
- To ensure that security is maintained at all times within the systems operated by the company
- Identifying and generating new business opportunities for the sales team to convert
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensures security & profitability of a portfolio of Clients through efficient and effective Credit Control.
- Provides a high level of service whilst maintaining security.
- Proactively seeks to understand their clients to allow them to spot both warning signs and opportunities.
- Any other duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Communication skills - Maintain high level professional conduct with internal and external customers via face to face, the phone, email and in written communication
- Relationship building- establishes rapport - Establishes and maintains a professional + ‘expert’ relationship with clients through efficient credit control. Understands and is interested in client’s business
- Provides excellent customer service - Manages credit control of client portfolio whilst providing a high level of customer service + protecting Bibby’s security
- Listen and interpret information - Good listening skills, understands how and when to action information, to the appropriate person
- Understand needs - Sees things from clients point of view; identifies clients needs and has a sympathetic approach whilst protecting Bibby’s security
- Attention to detail
- Decision-making - Sets credit limits within guidelines, makes recommendations/ propose decisions, back up decisions to line manager.
- Develop solutions, problem solve and agree things with people - Monitors collection performance. Recommends appropriate solutions
- Ability to say ‘no’
- Takes initiative - Uses appropriate chasing techniques. Seeks to recommend alternative collection techniques. Takes responsibility for actions, Manages time and prioritizes work and plans ahead
- Use, develop and sell Bibby’s products and processes
- Manages risk - Knowledge of clients business. Awareness of money laundering + data protection legislation. Monitors risk and possible fraud
- Numerate - Demonstrates an ability to work with numbers
- Financial understanding - General understanding of financial management/ audited accounts, manages risk
- IT skills - Intermediate PC knowledge. Good keyboard skills and competent user of Microsoft Office
Requirements of the role:
- Experience – Credit Control experience, office environment, customer service experience
- Skills – Good communication, excellent customer service, attention to detail, IT.
- Qualifications – N/A
Desirable for the role:
- Experience – Credit Control experience in a financial service environment
- Skills – Managing risk, sales.
- Qualifications – Basic IT, customer service/ administration NVQ.
Are you ready for your next ambitious challenge?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
be innovative . do the right thing . be better . work together . trust each other
Other recent jobs in Liverpool